• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I think Munros technique is not international standard that's why he's been forgotten by Hessen. Smashing domestic bowlers around counts for nothing.
I don't think he's been forgotten at all. He's essentially competing for Baz's role as a batsman: come in and try to put the **** up the opposition. When Baz finally puts the pads on trademe I reckon we're likely to see him in the mix, provided he maintains something close to this performance.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah he's the MVP batsman in the Shield. Average of 50 with a strike rate of 90? He's crazy.

The only team he sucks against is ND and the only ground he has failed at is the Basin.

We're just going to have to accept he's one of those freaks who can see ball hit ball at first class level.
He's a living tale of hope and inspiration for all the mediocre club medium pacers out there*

*if you forget that he actually played for NZ U19s

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Anyone from Wellington check out the club final at the Basin over the weekend?

Good to see Jamie Gibson capping off a great season with a 4-fer and a century. Went to school with the guy and he was always up there but never really the star. Has really improved leaps and bounds in the last three years, didn't really bowl at school but looks like he's had a growth spurt which has given him a yard or two of pace. Debuted for Wellington this season and really should be a regular fixture in the team next season but, who knows with Wellington 8-)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****in' Easts. That's all I have to say about the Pearce Cup final. Sam Le Gros is a decent prospect too - at least for short forms. Didn't have a great season until the final, mind. Phil Tunnicliffe came close to Wellington honours this year - not getting any younger though. The less said about Henry Walsh the better.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Yes, yes we all hate playing Easts pricks, I take comfort in the fact that Karori aren't as good as they use to be, although it seems most clubs aren't. My club (Collegians) struggled to field a bloody 2nd XI this season.

What's the hate for Henry Walsh about?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the hate for Henry Walsh about?
Not hate for him, but he's leaving Wellington to go to college - reading between the lines, mainly because he was messed around with by Cricket Wellington. Another to add to the ignominious list of departures - Boam, Mills, Austin-Smellie, Brodie. Ugh. But at least we have Dane Hutchinson!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Tunnicliffe came close to Wellington honours this year - not getting any younger though.
I am going through this weird phase where everywhere I go I hear the name Phil Tunnicliffe. I remember when I was 13 I went for a week where I heard about green tomatoes everywhere I turned, now it is Phil. My mother had a cup of tea with his aunt, my team mates have played against him and have stories about him, I have read about him somewhere online playing for Wellington A, and I could go on with other examples.

God speed Phil I hope you make the Firebirds so you can get an FC cap.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Some of the CD awards. Will Young player of the year.. Tom Bruce, most improved. Andrew Mathieson.best player in Ford Trophy.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that he's scoring big runs in the top four and breaking his own law,it might be time for me toadmit lord colin munro is a bit good and his one off test where most others also sucked doesn't reflect his potential to be a perfectly fine test #7 averaging low 30s if we need him.

I still maintain he'd be the genuine test match batsman goods if his freakish talent was discovered earlier. I can't believe he was allowed to wither away as a club medium pacer for so long.
In our defence....um I've got nothing. He did take 7-for in a club one-day final that put us off the scent! He also won the final before that with the bat...oops.

Big year for him at Worcestershire, if he's got the goods I'm sure the selectors will look at him again. He's a competitive bastard who never knows when he's beaten, and has a very good cricket brain. Could be a captain if he didn't know horribly offensive swear words in 10 different languages

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that he's scoring big runs in the top four and breaking his own law,it might be time for me toadmit lord colin munro is a bit good and his one off test where most others also sucked doesn't reflect his potential to be a perfectly fine test #7 averaging low 30s if we need him.

I still maintain he'd be the genuine test match batsman goods if his freakish talent was discovered earlier. I can't believe he was allowed to wither away as a club medium pacer for so long.
Yeah strictly speaking he broke his own law Phlegm, but not in spirit, because all of this stuff still happened inside his first 30 balls....

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
G Aldridge retires as all time leading wicket taker for ND. Legend.

We are getting a lot of, and can expect some more over next few years, of all time run-scorer & wicket-takers for their provinces.

I love that the NZC provincial contracting keeps quality in the game for so much longer than it used to.

Aldridge is the only other quality cricketer I have played against. Last time I posted similar we had the Roydon Hayes revelation, no more dreams shattered please .....

Got to admit though, if I've seen a young batsman play an audacious shot these last few years, it's usually off Aldridge's bowling. Whether a Will Young pull over long-on or an O'Donnell flick from outside off.

Immenso

Here are some provincial records from cricket archive:

Most Runs for Auckland
5980 TG McIntosh
5041 TJ Franklin

Most Wickets for Auckland
332 HJ Howarth

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Auckland
253 RA Young

---------------------------
Most Runs for Canterbury

7584 PG Fulton
6663 MHW Papps
5940 PE McEwan
5919 RT Latham
5693 SL Stewart
5442 CZ Harris

Most Wickets for Canterbury
No player has taken 300 wickets for Canterbury

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Canterbury
238 LK Germon

---------------------------------------------

Most Runs for Central Districts
9148 MS Sinclair
5680 JM How
5378 PJ Ingram

Most Wickets for Central Districts
392 DR O'Sullivan

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Central Districts
232 BBJ Griggs

Last edited:

Immenso

Most Runs for Northern Districts
6418 JAH Marshall
5533 ADG Roberts

Most Wickets for Northern Districts
355 GW Aldridge

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Northern Districts
243 RG Hart
--------------------------------------------------
Most Runs for Otago:
6589 CD Cumming
6028 B Sutcliffe
5055 BR Blair
5051 KR Rutherford

Most Wickets for Otago:
399 SL Boock

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Otago
249 DC de Boorder
244 WK Lees

---------------------------------------------------
Most Runs for Wellington
6565 MD Bell
6494 BA Edgar
6440 RH Vance
5391 LJ Woodcock

Most Wickets for Wellington
403 EJ Chatfield
357 EJ Gray
344 MR Gillespie
330 RW Blair

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Wellington
328 EB McSweeney
294 CJ Nevin

Last edited:

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Mark Priest is the highest wicket taker for Canterbury, though I expect Todd Astle will retire at the top of the list (currently has 221)

Here are some provincial records from cricket archive:

Most Runs for Auckland
5980 TG McIntosh
5041 TJ Franklin

Most Wickets for Auckland
332 HJ Howarth

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Auckland
253 RA Young

---------------------------
Most Runs for Canterbury

7584 PG Fulton
6663 MHW Papps
5940 PE McEwan
5919 RT Latham
5693 SL Stewart
5442 CZ Harris

Most Wickets for Canterbury
290 M Priest

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Canterbury
238 LK Germon

---------------------------------------------

Most Runs for Central Districts
9148 MS Sinclair
5680 JM How
5378 PJ Ingram

Most Wickets for Central Districts
392 DR O'Sullivan

Most WK Dismissals in a Career for Central Districts
232 BBJ Griggs

Flem274*

123/5
still can't bowl in nz (i think he was injured though) and had a lighter year than usual with the bat iirc

Last edited: