• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
I strongly disagree. I'm no fan of Manu's flopping, but this was not him being a cry baby. Loot at the replay in slow motion. Kobe jumps up for the shot, is blocked by Manu, and then for some weird reason throws around his arms as if to clear traffic. He knew he had been blocked and IMO threw out his arms in frustration. This suspension is well earned by Kobe.
No he did not throw out his arm in frustration.

You have to take note that he had very little time left on the clock and was looking for the ball. It's not like he could have taken his time to get the ball back

And if he wasn't even ejected, why should he be suspended

Dravid

International Captain
Oh yea fusion, if Kobe deserves a suspension, so does Brian cook for hitting Jefferies last night when he was bringing his hands down from the shot during the knick laker game

It was ridiculous and David Stern is ruining this league without idiotic suspensions like that

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If you throw your arms in frustration and it hits another player in the face then you deserve the suspension. NBA has been easy on primma donnas in the past and its about time they applied their laws uniformly. Kobe does do lot of elbowing and gets away with it because he is a superstar( and probably because he gets elbowed a lot.) and please make no mistake I am a big fan of Kobe. He is one of my most fav players post MJ era.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You play Wizards next week. Lets see how you do against a team thats actually good.
That's right Dravid, that's right... We just owned them 119-109... and guess who did bulk of the scoring with 34 points, none other than CB4 himself :p.

There is no way for us to NOT make the playoffs.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow.... the Grizzlies nearly ran down the mavs... another Double Double for Dirk though

Kobe continuing his golden run though... 43 points & 8 assists, a fair effort :)

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
If you throw your arms in frustration and it hits another player in the face then you deserve the suspension. NBA has been easy on primma donnas in the past and its about time they applied their laws uniformly. Kobe does do lot of elbowing and gets away with it because he is a superstar( and probably because he gets elbowed a lot.) and please make no mistake I am a big fan of Kobe. He is one of my most fav players post MJ era.
It was not in frustration dude. He did it in an attempt to collect the ball.

Anyways was at the Nets Pistons game last night. Took pics and videos of the players closeup because I was sitting right behind the pistons bench...will post those up soon.

Dravid

International Captain
:( Cavs choked to go down by 3 after leading the Heat virtually all game
Yeah, they were up by 12 and lost the lead in the 4th. What I don't get though is, how can someone have a horrible game, and a terrific game at the same time? D Wade has 12 turnovers, still scored 40 points

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dude. Get over it...tornoto suck.
good luck with that man....:D
Okay well you guys do know we're gonna make it to the playoffs, and as I speak we're about to go above .500, and you never know we might pull off a few surprises :).

I really have faith in this team, the same way I have faith in India to win the WC.

But imagine that the Leafs win the Stanley cup, Raps win the championship, Blue Jays win this year, and India wins the WC... what an year it will be for me WOW :D.

Dravid

International Captain
Too bad it wont happen. You do realize they are just barely over .500. They would have to go against teams like cleveland bulls pacers pistons wizards...all better than them

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw, NewJersey getting owned... :D... They're the ones who suck.

^ Yup agree it's gonna be hard, but not impossible... we'll only find out once the playoffs come around.