• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anywho....

After all that, Melo and AI worked quite well together. Denver lookin strong.
That they did... had 1 fair Alley-oop (sp?).

Dissappointing loss for the Cav's at home. Again poor shooting let them down, only 39%, something which doesn't help when your opponents shoot at 55% & are dominating the boards. LBJ being the main culprit...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yup. Watched the game, they were sharing the ball really well. Realllyyy good signs.
yeah looks like they are out to prove all the naysayers(me included) wrong....:) , but this performance against the worst team in the league is not enough to convince me....

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Looking at the All Star votes, it seems like the starting line-ups will be:

East

Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Dwyane Wade
Vince Carter
Shaquille O'Neal

West

Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming

So, time to think about the reserves and/or replacements since I guess The Daddy and Yao won't play.

East

I'm guessing either Howard or Ben Wallace will start as center, with the other backing up... The East is strangely thin on guards -- Arenas, Jason Kidd, Michael Redd, Chauncey Billups, maybe Joe Johnson, though he's trailed off... Jermaine O’Neal ought to get a nod... I'd also take Tayshaun Prince over any other forward.

Dwight Howard/Ben Wallace
Jermaine O'Neal
Tayshaun Prince
Gilbert Arenas
Chauncey Billups

Michael Redd
Ben Gordon
Caron Butler
Jason Kidd
Emeka Okafor
Richard Hamilton

Of the latter group, I'd love to see Gordon get a place.

West

Funny how Dirk and Nash don't get voted by the public... Iverson is another who'll obviously get chosen. Stoudemire, too. Not sure if Carmelo Anthony has played the minimum games required, if so it'll be interesting to see whether STERN lets the coaches choose him.

Amare Stoudemire
Dirk Nowitzki
Camelo Anthony (?)
Steve Nash
Allen Iverson

Shawn Marion
Carlos Boozer
Mehmet Okur
Josh Howard/Jerry Stackhouse/Jason Terry
Marcus Camby
Ray Allen
Chris Paul
Elton Brand

Much tougher selections for the West coaches. Marion will be pissed if he doesn't go to Vegas. Dallas probably deserves more than one All-Star. I'm guessing it'll be Marion and Howard. Maybe Boozer.

Dravid

International Captain
I'm really don't like the fact that players that have been out for half the season, will still play on the All Star game. The NBA should make a rule that by the all star break, the player should have played at least 25 games in order to play. This really isn't fair to other players. Dwight Howard should easily be starting over Shaq this season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I'm really don't like the fact that players that have been out for half the season, will still play on the All Star game. The NBA should make a rule that by the all star break, the player should have played at least 25 games in order to play. This really isn't fair to other players. Dwight Howard should easily be starting over Shaq this season.
yeah shaq should be in no way an all-star contender this year....

Dravid

International Captain
yeah shaq should be in no way an all-star contender this year....
Yea. I'm pretty sure Carmelo would be coaches pick. I would pick Josh Howard over him if I was coach. Only reason being Melo was suspended

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw, guess what dravid, the raps have taken the lead again... NJN are no match for us :p. Plus today we facing off against the Celtics, should be a piece of cake :happy:.

Dravid

International Captain
Btw, guess what dravid, the raps have taken the lead again... NJN are no match for us :p. Plus today we facing off against the Celtics, should be a piece of cake :happy:.
You do realize, NJ lost all 3 of their last games on buzzer beaters?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You know I will laugh my ass off at your team if they lose to a PP less side.
Don't count on it, zero chance, absolute zero chance. You've had enough disappointments with the Indian team of late, so I suggest you don't get your hopes up to high, and in all fairness; Celtics suck, with or without PP. And especially when facing DIVISION LEADING team like the Raps :p, they stand no chance.

Maybe if they were facing New York, or New Jersey, crappy teams like those, they might've had a chance, but against T.O. no chance what so ever. And honestly you expect a team who has lost 9 straight and has a record of 12-29 to beat a classy team like Toronto :p.

Btw... *cough* Chris = All *cough* Bosh = Star *cough*

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Don't count on it, zero chance, absolute zero chance. You've had enough disappointments with the Indian team of late, so I suggest you don't get your hopes up to high, and in all fairness; Celtics suck, with or without PP. And especially when facing DIVISION LEADING team like the Raps :p, they stand no chance.

Maybe if they were facing New York, or New Jersey, crappy teams like those, they might've had a chance, but against T.O. no chance what so ever. And honestly you expect a team who has lost 9 straight and has a record of 12-29 to beat a classy team like Toronto :p.

Btw... *cough* Chris = All *cough* Bosh = Star *cough*
OMG...the Raptors are leading the ATLANTIC division....how in the world do they do it?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
OMG...the Raptors are leading the ATLANTIC division....how in the world do they do it?
Hehe, as I said it's all about class which there has been no shortage of in this Raptors team thanks to Chris Bosh, as he gets better so will T.O :p. I just feel sorry for all those other teams, for when Bosh will be in his prime. :happy:

Let me brag man, it's about time we've started to do good and have become solid contenders for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Hehe, as I said it's all about class which there has been no shortage of in this Raptors team thanks to Chris Bosh, as he gets better so will T.O :p. I just feel sorry for all those other teams, for when Bosh will be in his prime. :happy:

Let me brag man, it's about time we've started to do good and have become solid contenders for the playoffs.
Dude...Toronto sucks. Nothing personal, but they suck. Leading the Atlantic isn't anything to be proud of .

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dude...Toronto sucks. Nothing personal, but they suck. Leading the Atlantic isn't anything to be proud of .
*sigh* It's alright young one, I know you're sad about New York not doing so well these days and you're emotionally inflicted, but sometimes you've got to face reality; Toronto is better. No need to take your anger out on Toronto :p.

Anyways, they might suck, but a division lead is a division lead, aka a ticket to the playoffs. And who knows we might just pull off an upset in the first round.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
*sigh* It's alright young one, I know you're sad about New York not doing so well these days and you're emotionally inflicted, but sometimes you've got to face reality; Toronto is better. No need to take your anger out on Toronto :p.

Anyways, they might suck, but a division lead is a division lead, aka a ticket to the playoffs. And who knows we might just pull off an upset in the first round.

btw i'm neither a knicks or a nets fan, I'm a pistons fan.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Atleast I don't start rooting for some sikk-ass team just because my team is ****. I stay loyal, and it pays off (i.e. this year). :)

Anyways, I know Toronto is a mediocre team, and was just bragging becuase we don't get these kind of oppurtinities often and so I decided to savour it, but let's face it we'll be in the playoffs.

Last edited: