• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 9 - Bangladesh v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
Okay, now it's interesting. Ireland don't have a great deal behind Joyce and O 'Brien. Ominous. I'd still have them slightly ahead given Bangladesh's bowling options.

CBL have Bangladesh as slight favourites, Bet365 have it dead even.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is a ripper of a match, very evenly poised.

I must say that I enjoy watching action when the quicks are on a fair bit more than the spinners..

Howe_zat

Audio File
Rubel Hossain on now. Big risk. I had assumed Shakib was saving him for some old-ball reverse.

Think I was unfair on Naeem, who's been relatively tidy. 9 overs gone from him and Ashraful.

Edit: On Rubel bowling: "There's a slip in place, so this is definitely a wickets move". Interesting. Good move though. Only one off the over.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gripping contest atm. Think I'm behind Ireland here, the Deshis are just frustrating.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The quicks are getting less than nothing out of this deck. Ireland definately the favourites now, these two are looking well set.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is Shakib not bowling ? It is obvious the batsmen are far more comfortable against pace than spin.
I reckon Shakib might back himself better under pressure than some of the others, so he'll save as many overs as possible for the second half of the run chase.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:
Ashraful buddy, you haven't caught the world cup yet! Big wicket though:)
As it's his first positive contribution to Bangaldeshi cricket in about 5 years, he needed to take the chance to celebrate as you never know when he'll make another one :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha Beefy is sledging White about his reverse sweep. It's probably his safest run-scoring shot; he plays it all the time.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shakib appealing for one that was going to hit middle. Trouble is it pitched outside leg. :blink:

So, it's just defend or reverse sweep with White then?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ashraful bowls a horrible, slow, loopy filthbringer. Hits the top of off. 'Course it does. Crikey.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So, it's just defend or reverse sweep with White then?
That's all he's done whenever I've seen him bat, yes. When he's really seeing it well he can slog-reverse-sweep over cover. That's always fun.

He has a reputation of being decent against spin, but that dismissal (and that whole innings, really) begs to differ. Struggle to believe he had a county contract sometimes; such a weird player. He does have a stupidly good Intercontinental Cup record with the bat though so maybe he bats a lot differently in First Class cricket.