• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 9 - Bangladesh v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a few people mentioning it on Twitter but.. what are the chances that the ICC could organise allowing the associate nations to compete in various domestic competitions are the world much like the England Lions are currently doing in the West Indies?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There's a few people mentioning it on Twitter but.. what are the chances that the ICC could organise allowing the associate nations to compete in various domestic competitions are the world much like the England Lions are currently doing in the West Indies?
Not the worst idea. Might be an issue in England where the better players are employed by the counties.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Shafiul takes 6-1-10-4 in this spell. Was genuinely very, very good. I know he was hardly up against the best in the world but given he was supposed to be the weak link, that's encouraging for Bangladesh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was so exciting to watch. Was kind of wanting both teams to win.

Good night's cricket :)

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Phew, that was close though. Good to see Shafiul regain his confidence :cool:

And no more Ashraful ffs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
"Bangladesh back in their winning ways" 8-)
:laugh:

The best comment I read was on a Bangla cricket forums. "Man one day we can be the best team in the world and the next day struggle to beat Ireland why are we so unpredictable"

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

The best comment I read was on a Bangla cricket forums. "Man one day we can be the best team in the world and the next day struggle to beat Ireland why are we so unpredictable"
Hope he meant 'beat' not 'be' :laugh:

Stapel

International Regular
Do I give myself false hopes when I think the Dutch could actually beat both these teams?

Challis

U19 12th Man
Once again the Bangladeshi bowlers made up for the batsmen's poor performance. We need to improve our performance drastically if we are to progress from this group.

Anyone else a bit surprised that Tamim got Man of the Match ahead of Shafiul? He probably got it due to his English being a lot better and easier to understand than Shafiul's, quite disappointing if this were to be true.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shaiful was key when the match was in the balance. At the end of the day his third spell won Bangladesh the match. I'd have given MOTM to him for sure.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do I give myself false hopes when I think the Dutch could actually beat both these teams?
Not that far fetched IMO. If they repeat the standard of performance they showed against England, they will definitely have a chance, but Bangladesh might pose their batsmen a different challenge with spinners on a low, slow track.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyone else a bit surprised that Tamim got Man of the Match ahead of Shafiul? He probably got it due to his English being a lot better and easier to understand than Shafiul's, quite disappointing if this were to be true.
It's a batsman's game, they say. I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. Perhaps it was because Tamim is the fan favourite, and they were appealing to the crowd. Who knows.

cricman

International 12th Man
The Next Game is the Knockout Game, Bangladesh vs The Windies

It'll be very Interesting, how both teams will adapt. It seems that the Munaf's of the World the Slow Pacers will have the most sucess thus far. Bangladesh Might go with Shafiul and Pack the Squad with Spinners and do what SA did and Open with a Spinner. The WI who looked dire vs Spin, can they improve within 7 days?

Kemar Roach vs Tamim Iqbal

Angi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Best match of the tournament, so far IMO. This is what I want to see when I tune into a WC, two evenly-matched teams going against each other with both having a chance to win till the end. All backed up by a vociferous crowd...beautiful stuff.

Group B is a tough group. Unlike Canada, ZImbabwe or Kenya, Bangla, Neds and Ireland are all tough teams and no pushovers.