• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 9 - Bangladesh v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the best thing for cricket would be if Bangladesh maintained the standards they set against New Zealand but Ireland lifted and managed to top that.

It hasn't really been like that at all though so far, sadly. Some really **** cricket from both teams. Dockrell was superb but everyone else (from both sides) has been 'inconsistent' at best.
As I've mentioned before, I've seen the Bangas play quite a lot in recent times and aside from a couple of players, they flat out suck so I cant say I'm remotely surprised

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Well the best thing for cricket would be if Bangladesh maintained the standards they set against New Zealand but Ireland lifted and managed to top that.

It hasn't really been like that at all though so far, sadly. Some really **** cricket from both teams. Dockrell was superb but everyone else (from both sides) has been 'inconsistent' at best.
Bit harsh, Rankin was **** but the rest did their job.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bit harsh, Rankin was **** but the rest did their job.
I thought they got away with some poor bowling actually. A lot of crap on the pads that didn't get put away from everyone. I've seen them all bowl a lot better. I obviously wasn't expecting them to bowl 140+ and swing it both ways but I was definitely a bit underwhelmed by their control and variation, despite the figures they ended up with.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, Naeem Islam with the new ball. If you're going to bowl a spinner early when you're defending 200 odd, at least bowl a good one.

NasserFan207

I thought they got away with some poor bowling actually. A lot of crap on the pads that didn't get put away from everyone. I've seen them all bowl a lot better. I obviously wasn't expecting them to bowl 140+ and swing it both ways but I was definitely a bit underwhelmed by their control and variation, despite the figures they ended up with.
Which bowlers are you referring to? I didn't watch the entire innings, but from what I saw only Rankin and TJ were genuinely spraying it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which bowlers are you referring to? I didn't watch the entire innings, but from what I saw only Rankin and TJ were genuinely spraying it.
Botha and Mooney both bowled heaps of crap on the pads that Bangladesh didn't put away throughout their spells; their figures flatter how they bowled quite a bit IMO. Especially Mooney.

NasserFan207

Botha and Mooney both bowled heaps of crap on the pads that Bangladesh didn't put away throughout their spells; their figures flatter how they bowled quite a bit IMO. Especially Mooney.
Really? They showed their pitchmaps at about the 40th over and looked very accurate.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, by "this" I meant the fact Bangladesh had been skittled for 200+**** all.
Yeah, I know. But I disagree that it's automatically bad for cricket for that to happen. If it happened because the Ireland bowlers were absolutely unplayable (which it didn't) then it'd be great for cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really? They showed their pitchmaps at about the 40th over and looked very accurate.
They bowled a good length but they regularly strayed onto the pads; would've been picked off by better batting. Botha's quite possibility the most under-rated bowler in world one day cricket, particularly on slow pitches, but on no planet did he deserve 3/32 off 9 today.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Naeem not bowling accurately enough, Shakib is going to have to bring himself on soon. And he can't hide the seamers forever. Two more wickets make it interesting, for now this is looking straightforward for Ireland.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I know. But I disagree that it's automatically bad for cricket for that to happen. If it happened because the Ireland bowlers were absolutely unplayable (which it didn't) then it'd be great for cricket.
You replied to the same quote twice and not the second one.