• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #38- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka - November 6th - Delhi (D/N)

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm surprised we haven't seen someone go through and measure how long it's taken for every Bangladesh player to be ready to face through this WC so far

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm surprised we haven't seen someone go through and measure how long it's taken for every Bangladesh player to be ready to face through this WC so far
Given they batted second last night I reckon they were all on the ball then.

Previous games this tournament would be interesting, but I reckon Shakib's response would just be, "Well you should have appealed you daft ****s."

Aritro

International Regular
Of course, all this could have been averted if Mathews had spent more time preparing an appropriate helmet and less time sitting around with his hand gripped around his own.

Molehill

International Captain
I'm wondering when someone might try it with Steve Smith. He might get to the crease inside 2 mins, but it's at least another 90 seconds before he's actually ready. Someone should've tried it with Trott too whilst he was scratching around with a bail!!

DriveClub

International Regular
Of course, all this could have been averted if Mathews had spent more time preparing an appropriate helmet and less time sitting around with his hand gripped around his own.
Nah fk shakib, feels a much more satisfying thing to say

King Kane

International Debutant
Mathews didn't miss Shakib in his after game press conference, can't say I blame him as it was a low act from Shakib to appeal for a timed out dismissal.

At least he got some revenge by getting Shakib's wicket and giving him a send off, just a pity it came too late for it to make any difference to the result.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Maybe he did and it was fine. Then broke when he got out there. Things can all of a sudden break that was working perfectly 5 minutes before.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm wondering when someone might try it with Steve Smith. He might get to the crease inside 2 mins, but it's at least another 90 seconds before he's actually ready. Someone should've tried it with Trott too whilst he was scratching around with a bail!!
Shiv chanders with bail hammer

cnerd123

likes this
Matthews has released video with Timer on his Twitter account 😄
Star Sports was showing a timer with a replay from a fixed camera angle from the moment the catch was taken up until Mathews helmet strap breaking on repeat throughout the second innings. Comms couldn't stop talking about it. Pretty clear it was 1 min 55, everyone who was watching the game knows this already. It's not the 'shocking' evidence that Mathews thinks it is lol.