• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #38- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka - November 6th - Delhi (D/N)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was in A's right through juniors and probably the worst batsmen in the side, was always worried about moving to Bs at the start of each season as I'd see there was always a kid or two there carving up the runs each year

And my coach basically gave all 11 players an equal amount of overs to bowl right through juniors each game, to make up for the batting XI being pretty stagnant, so it was hard to make a real impact there or know how good I was

Then I think for the last season of juniors we had an A vs Bs pre season trial game on a turf wicket and in my usual 4 over spell I got 3 wickets for the first time ever(had about twenty 2fers) and forever felt like a decentish bowler.

Good times

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to your coach for doing that. Lots of them don't.
Yeah, he was a good bloke. Was basically the same team from U/9s to U/16s so it would have been awkward if someone was just doing nothing every week season after season.
We still managed to win a comp too doing that.

cnerd123

likes this
Well he was ready to face after 1 minute 55, so technically was he not out?

Anyway, the video ref was clearly talking crap about him not being ready even before the strap broke. Very poor officiating on that aspect.
It was 1 min 55 till he noticed the strap was broken. He hadn't taken guard and gotten ready in his stance yet. Assuming his strap didn't break, he still would not have been ready to face inside 2 mins. The umpires were accurate on that.

I bet most batters are not ready to face up inside 2 mins. The Law and PCs both do not leave any room for an umpire to interpret if the cause of the delay is genuine or not. Bit of a broken rule, punishment clearly doesn't fit the crime, and Shakib is a **** for appealing.

But it was hilarious and I want to see more of it.

Tom Flint

International Regular
1:55 and he's didn't even mark his guard yet. That process takes at least 5-10 seconds. Then most batters don't face up right away once they mark their guard, they survey the field, mess about with their kit, do some other pre-innings ritual.
Although he could say he wasn't going to take a guard.

srbhkshk

International Captain
What does it matter when the strap broke anyway? Clearly BD wouldn't have appealed if the extra time utilized for getting the new helmet wasn't required. I would have zero problems if they actually appealed purely because Angelo was late but it was a **** act once the reason he couldn't take guard was clear.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What does it matter when the strap broke anyway? Clearly BD wouldn't have appealed if the extra time utilized for getting the new helmet wasn't required. I would have zero problems if they actually appealed purely because Angelo was late but it was a **** act once the reason he couldn't take guard was clear.
People think it might make the umpire's decision wrong.

Which is wrong, but that's why they care.

Appealing for it was ****ing stupid but once they did the umpires clearly made the right decision. Lying about the timeline afterwards has confused matters further though.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Lying about the timeline afterwards has confused matters further though.
It could be a matter of interpretation, when does the clock start for a new batter? After the review timer ends or when the batter walks off the pitch, or when the umpire first gave him out? I doubt they've codified this in MCC but I could be wrong.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if it's when the umpire first gave the preceding batsman out and the decision is reviewed, then every subsequent batsman is timed out because it takes between 3-5 minutes to go through the review process.