• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #36 - Australia vs England - November 4th - Ahmedabad

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
20 or 30 more than it should have been, but for a confident version of our lineup it would have made no difference.

This ain't that. Please prove me wrong.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
4-54 from Woakes, where are all the lame away red ball cliche posts plz?

Btw, is it just me or have Australia failed to bat their overs quite often? I know one example was the NZ game where in the end it didn’t matter, but seems a weakness

Owzat

U19 Captain
Woakes, Willey, Rashid all good today
Wood had his moments- good and bad
Willey and Wood came back well, wouldn't call that good given the game was running away from England and they simply picked up wickets as aussies who had been 117/4 ran out of all sorts including batting, luck etc

many sides would want to bowl their opponents out for 200, 220, maybe 240 from there, England (bowlers) seems happy just to pick up a wicket make it look like they did ok/bowled well

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see us set an insurmountable score for England and then use the 45 overs remaining after we'd passed that point to entertain the crowd.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From 4/117 I'll take 286 I guess. Be interesting to see how England's batting fares - surely they've gotta fire one of these days?

Owzat

U19 Captain
4-54 from Woakes, where are all the lame away red ball cliche posts plz?

Btw, is it just me or have Australia failed to bat their overs quite often? I know one example was the NZ game where in the end it didn’t matter, but seems a weakness
may not matter, and rather than jibe at posts of the past maybe focus on why at 38/2 and 117/4 he wasn't given a chance to put England in a strong position rather than kept back and thus only real purpose is to feed you ammo..................

Owzat

U19 Captain
From 4/117 I'll take 286 I guess. Be interesting to see how England's batting fares - surely they've gotta fire one of these days?
if offered to any side they'd take 286, England had chances to keep the total down, well down, but the craptaincy being all over the shop seemed to be get through overs rather than get through the batting order

Woakes & Rashid : 19.3-0-92-6
The rest : 30-1-188-4

two taking a wicket every 3 or so overs and going at 4.3 an over or so, the rest a wicket every 7.5 overs and 6.25 or so an over, what makes it worse is it wasn't like aussies were 200/0 when the rest were bowling, shortly after Rashid finally came on it was 117/4 and bowlers should have been chomping at the bit to bowl

BUT we'll see how England fare, couple of early wickets or present aussies with a situation of 117/4 and I doubt we'll see England chase it down

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
We've bowled and fielded well there - much more like you'd expect us to.

Aussies are under par and under normal circumstances you'd expect us to get the runs.

But these aren't normal circumstances - we've batted appallingly in this WC and if we lose early wkts again it could be a familiar story.

But I fancy us to get the runs - surely we can't keep batting so poorly.

King Kane

International Debutant
A gettable target if England bat like they used to do, if they bat like they have in this World Cup that is probably about a hundred runs too many.