• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #35 - New Zealand vs Pakistan - November 4th - Bengaluru

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm now genuinely curious what would happen in a fight between a kiwi and a chakor. Someone sim it already ffs

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No doubt that the stats nerds will disagree but D/L often throws up calculations that don’t seem to make much sense

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I don’t really think you could have not given it to Pakistan in that position, but equally I think it was more likely than not NZ would have won from there if it went to 50 overs. All that hitting and they were only on par, lose a wicket or two, have a few quiet overs and the pressure builds very quickly.

So I’m just annoyed at the rain, really.
In this context, there was a higher chance of Pak finishing it with a few overs to spare. The big difference was NZ going with 3 spinners on a smallish ground against a team that plays spin well. They had quite a few players who could go after spin including a well-set Babar and Rizwan to come in along with Zaman and Ifti. Had NZ gone with 3 pace bowlers, the result would've heavily depended on Zaman and Iftikhar staying at the crease and hitting those big sixes.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Only reason D/L didn’t make sense because it didn’t take into consideration Pakistan’s tendency to collapse. But did the NZ attack vs Pakistan have quality in them to trigger a collapse. It looked extremely pedestrian.
100% agree with this. Generally DL results are not quite there, but there was a very minimal chance of NZ turning this one around.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What the **** is this discussion

(my money’s on the chakor who can simply fly away ftr)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Which stand were you in mate? We were in C stand. Also, you are a visiting Kiwi?
Oh nice, I was in the N stand. Not a kiwi, Longtime Bangalorean though I’ve also lived/worked in Chennai and Hyderabad at various points. NZ fan since ‘92 because, well, World Cup ‘92. Don’t contribute much to discussions on Indian cricket on this forum (though I probably would if i had more time), because I get to do that a fair bit within my everyday circle.