• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #33 - India vs Sri Lanka - November 2nd - Wankhede (D/N)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thank goodness for SL they brought Angelo Mathews back in to add some stability to the middle order.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the highlights at a bar right now, Gill played magnificently, yet when he perished he acknowledged the crowd.

When Mister-you-know-who fell, there was a feeling of the smoke monster entering the Wankhede by means of the Arabian Sea.

They really wanted that ton, but Steven Smith’s statue at the ground was an omen.

I’m ****ing wasted:drunk:

Bahseph

State Captain
Not sure why Mathews is getting the blame here. He at least made it to double figures and didn't look all at sea like the others.
Why would they bring him back and not get him to bat up the order? He has never been the guy to score at a 150+ SR in his prime and now he is primarily a Test number 4. I'm not saying it would have made a difference because the Indian bowlers were amazing but the thought process has to be questioned.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I hope SL bounces back. This isn't great. West Indies and Zim have regressed. Bangla will forever be a minnow coz of their administration. SL is on a downward spiral. Some other minnows are coming up but cricket has a negligible amount of following in those countries.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Why would they bring him back and not get him to bat up the order? He has never been the guy to score at a 150+ SR in his prime and now he is primarily a Test number 4. I'm not saying it would have made a difference because the Indian bowlers were amazing but the thought process has to be questioned.
Reason why Matthews can't bat up the order:

DriveClub

International Regular
I hope SL bounces back. This isn't great. West Indies and Zim have regressed. Bangla will forever be a minnow coz of their administration. SL is on a downward spiral. Some other minnows are coming up but cricket has a negligible amount of following in those countries.
Agree the number of competitive teams are just getting less every world cup cycle. It's pretty depressing seeing the gap between top 3-4 teams and the rest. I doubt if there is a future for international cricket in another 10 years?