• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
India v Netherlands
Wed Mar 9

Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

India Squad

MS Dhoni, (captain/keeper), Virender Sehwag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Virat Kohli, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Sreesanth, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh

Netherlands Squad

Peter Borren (captain), Adeel Raja, Wesley Barresi (wicketkeeper), Mudassar Bukhari, Atse Buurman (wicketkeeper), Tom Cooper, Tom de Grooth, Alexei Kervezee, Bradley Kruger, Bernard Loots, Pieter Seelaar, Eric Szwarczynski, Ryan ten Doeschate, Berend Westdijk, Bas Zuiderent

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Every pundit has rightly made us odds on favourites to win this match, that takes the pressure off us, and puts it on them.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Every pundit has rightly made us odds on favourites to win this match, that takes the pressure off us, and puts it on them.
No it doesn't. It means Holland has nothing to lose while India has everything to lose.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
And what pressure do the Netherlands have exactly? They will be happy with a competetive showing. Nothing more.

AbhishekS

Cricket Spectator
i just hope sreesanth is not brought back into the team, anything else will do
I am expecting Sreesanth to be in for Munaf. It's a game against the minnows and I won't be surprised to see some changes.

Expecting Ashwin to get a game as well.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
As long as the Netherlands get on the right bus to the ground I imagine this should be a walk on an escalator.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Should be an easy win for us. Wouldn't mind a good show from the dutch as long as we don't lose.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
No it doesn't. It means Holland has nothing to lose while India has everything to lose.
Holland have been obliterated in their last 2 matches, with the ICC reducing the number of teams in the next World Cup, people are asking severe questions about them and whether there is a place for such teams in these type of competetions.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Calling Yusuf Pathan to do something awesome tomorrow. The dutch do not have express fast bowlers to trouble him so he should do well hopefully and score a ridiculously fast 50/100.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Calling Yusuf Pathan to do something awesome tomorrow. The dutch do not have express fast bowlers to trouble him so he should do well hopefully and score a ridiculously fast 50/100.
If we bat first then we are a real chance to break the highest ever ODI score, Boycott said the Netherlands bowling attack is barely up to minor counties level, I shudder to think what we are going to do to their bowling attack.

I certainly think 450 is on and if we apply ourselves possibly 500.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Overboard. Would rather Dhoni, Yuvi, Kohli, Gambhir etc have more time in the middle than any big score.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Overboard. Would rather Dhoni, Yuvi, Kohli, Gambhir etc have more time in the middle than any big score.
Agree, making sure that our middle order get time in the middle is crucial before with the Semis and the final in mind!

Having said that it depends what we want from the game, the records are there to be be had if we want them! :)

Win win situation to be honest as far as our team is concerned!