• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 24 - New Zealand v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't mind seeing Oram coming back for this game in place of Bennett. Oram is still a very experienced player and if he could discover some form prior to the quarter finals that would be huge for us. Who knows, perhaps a short period of being fit but not selected may have helped him refocus his game a little.

Bennett wasn't hugely impressive against Zimbabwe, though by nature he's always going to be inconsistent with that bowling action at this stage in his career. Is still an option if NZ feel they need to 'roll the dice' later in the tournament.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, the poll on this thread at 10-7 in favour of NZ is ridiculous IMO. There is no way we are anything but underdogs going into this game.

smash84

The Tiger King
:unsure:

Why do you want them to bowl first ? Pakistan would love batting first; that is their strength. If they bat first and post 250 plus, New Zealand will find it very hard to score against their spinners.
awta

Pakistani's bowling is much stronger than their batting, especially with Afridi effectively operating as a bowler recently.

The top order has a lot of talent, and has been working well together lately, but I get the impression of it being rather brittle.
awta

When I saw the headline 'Pallekele set for World Cup debut' I thought we had uncovered a new 150kmph bowler and had flown him over, and got mildly excited.
Haha, I too thought Pallekele sounded like a Tongan name. And therefore he should by default play for us :happy:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Mills bias does not equal NZ bias. Did you know we dropped him earlier in this world cup when he was reportedly fit to play?

Mills. Mills.

Mills.:cool:
Flem is on a restricted license in this thread until he pledges allegiance to his homeland.:ph34r:

salman85

International Debutant
What are the chances of Bennett changing his action if he gets hit for six 6's in an over?

slugger

State Vice-Captain
the only thing good about this game is its now. Next time and if there is a next time we will meet again in the finals. instead of the semis which could be a good thing for nz.

salman85

International Debutant
I kind of agree with you.Being the runnerup is better than being 4th or 3rd :)

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the only thing good about this game is its now. Next time and if there is a next time we will meet again in the finals. instead of the semis which could be a good thing for nz.
You're wrong. India and SL (and Australia and WI) met in the groups and the semifinals in '96.

salman85

International Debutant
Glad you took that in good humor :p

I always liked NZ as a team,and heck,they're probably the team i cheered when Pakistan got knocked out.But i got pissed off after Vettori's whined about ball tampering during the 2007 T20.

Blaze 18

Banned
Glad you took that in good humor :p

I always liked NZ as a team,and heck,they're probably the team i cheered when Pakistan got knocked out.But i got pissed off after Vettori's whined about ball tampering during the 2007 T20.
Are you referring to the match in which Umar Gul got a fiver ? I think that was the 2009 T20.

salman85

International Debutant
Or maybe Turbinator's the Indian version of me :ph34r:

And yeah.I'm talking about that.Gul made the ball move like crazy.Don't remember if he got 5 or not.It was the semifinal,that i do remember.

Last edited: