• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Match #13 - England v Afghanistan 15th October.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah NRR is in the bin and with our bowlers we ain't winning 5/6.

If we make the semis then everyone apart from India,South Africa and NZ have had an appalling tournament.
Bit harsh on Pakistan considering their only loss was vs. India.

Semi-finalists of India, SA, NZ & Pakistan feels most likely at this point.

Tough to see England getting through now as expect them to lose to India, and SA (and if not losing to both those 2 sides then dropping one vs. either Aust or Pakistan.)

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

Tough to see England getting through now as expect them to lose to India, and SA (and if not losing to both those 2 sides then dropping one vs. either Aust or Pakistan.)
There will be more twists , got to take it one game at a time.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I guess we should have known it wasn't going to be our day from the first ball.

Woakes strays down leg side which happens often to bowlers first ball looseners, vut it was a regulation take for Buttler who miffed it and it went to the boundary.

Not good cricket at all.

Molehill

International Captain

Pakistan have only played Sri Lanka and Netherlands though and they've still got a negative NRR. At this point, I'd fancy the Aussies more than them to make Top 4.

As for England, this is hardly a surprise. Woakes needs binning, it's not like we don't know he's ****e outside England. I hate to knock Stokes, but he's really not helped the cause by his return this time. Certain other players just look past it now.

Can we just skip the next month to when India win the Final? It all seems rather predictable.

the big bambino

International Captain
I guess we should have known it wasn't going to be our day from the first ball.

Woakes strays down leg side which happens often to bowlers first ball looseners, vut it was a regulation take for Buttler who miffed it and it went to the boundary.

Not good cricket at all.

Sometimes you just know your team is going to have a bad day at Black Rock. I'm not sure about other teams but I like the idea of Eng and Aus batting if they win the toss.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

You misunderstand my point.As those 3 teams all on 6 you'd back them to win at least 3 more which should be enough for qualifying.

Which leaves one place and if England get it then everyone else including Pakistan has had a horrible tournament. As we won't get 12 points.

Molehill

International Captain
Sometimes you just know your team is going to have a bad day at Black Rock. I'm not sure about other teams but I like the idea of Eng and Aus batting if they win the toss.
I agree, I think England got spooked by their NZ performance. But sometimes, a couple of batsmen get in and can do that. Particularly against the smaller teams, just bat them out of the game (like Bangladesh) seems the way forward.

Molehill

International Captain
Which leaves one place and if England get it then everyone else including Pakistan has had a horrible tournament. As we won't get 12 points.
It would be standard England to lose to a lesser team and then play well against India - see 2011. I wouldn't be that surprised if we somehow won that one.

Reactions: FBU

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is not the case in ODIs though, so this doesn't stand up.
Yeah Woakes is bowling awfully to the point where it could be said he has the yips and it's fair enough to leave him out based on that.

He's always been fine away from home in ODIs though. I don't think it's related.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah Woakes is bowling awfully to the point where it could he said he has the yips and it's fair enough to leave him out based on that.

He's always been fine away from home in ODIs though. I don't think it's related.
Yeah I’d drop him too. But everyone reverting to the ‘****e away’ point is completely ignoring his white ball career.

Groundking

International Debutant
We are rubbish, doubt we're going to even make it out of the group and everybody at the terrorist organisation called the ECB need to be sacked for what they've done to English cricket.