• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah will be "supporting" England tonight. Enjoy watching a lot of players when they ain't playing us.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually don't think Ind-Pak take pleasure when they lose against some of the overseas teams tbh. Particularly Aus and England (probably to a lesser extent). In the past you were expected to if you were an Indian or Pakistani but over the last few years that has changed a lot.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
This is a skilful group of bowlers who did not do thereselves justice against Holland. They are much improved from 2008, and tbf most of them missed the Australia ODI series, that were played in totally different conditions to what will be in store tomorrow.
Meh, they're still as unskilled in unhelpful conditions as the lot that you brought in 2008. It is an understatement that they haven't proved that they can be effective on pitches offering little in ODI cricket.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
I actually don't think Ind-Pak take pleasure when they lose against some of the overseas teams tbh. Particularly Aus and England (probably to a lesser extent). In the past you were expected to if you were an Indian or Pakistani but over the last few years that has changed a lot.
Aye! I adore Pakistani cricket, and was rooting for them hardcore last night. There is a mutual admiration there as the teams play their cricket very differently, and i think Indians admire their flair and unpredictability, and Pakistan probably admire India's skillful batting line-up. Most Pakistani's will be hoping we wipe the floor with the 4th rate, insipid poms, TBH

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Reckon Burge will be rooting for the good guys when it comes down to it.
Na, as the Aussies will probably finish 1 or 2 in the table, he'll be hoping you guys are at 3 or 4 rather than India. It is every teams dream to play a minnow in the quarter finals!

TumTum

Banned
Cant make my mind up on who to support tbh, ill probably cheer for the team losing from the start (hate them both atm |edit: well not really hate, more of jealousy :p)..

I can see this being a high scoring match.
Batting: India > England
Bowling: England > India
However Batting >> Bowling for both teams

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*puts hand up* :ph34r:

Old-fashioned '90s Indian fan here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cant make my mind up on who to support tbh, ill probably cheer for the team losing from the start (hate them both atm |edit: well not really hate, more of jealousy :p)..

I can see this being a high scoring match.
Batting: India > England
Bowling: England > India
However Batting >> Bowling for both teams
Haha what? At full strength, we've seen it enough times that England's bowling >>>>> their batting. Especially sans Morgan.

TumTum

Banned
Haha what? At full strength, we've seen it enough times that England's bowling >>>>> their batting. Especially sans Morgan.
Not in ODIs though, their batting is in-form and their bowlers lack any strategy in this format (banging it short all the time). But yeah Morgan is a blow for England, but Bopara is a decent bat.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha noooo. Even moreso in ODIs with Broad and Swann, who are even more effective in ODIs then they are in tests (in Broad's case, far more so). They have a decent ODI attack but their top order is inconsistent as all hell, and basically ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Without a doubt certain segments of both India and Pakistan do. Segments only though.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
India to loose 2 quick wickets.Sachin and Kohli stabilize innings...And yuvraj will do his usual thing against England

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Really dislike both teams, lotta despicable characters in both squads tbh.
Would like a tied match or an Eng victory however unlikely.
One of the Safrican born players to ton up.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Really a battle between the two teams that I dislike the most.

Reckon I'll have to support England though. BCCI is the real enemy here.