• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
It did pour down friday evening here in Bangalore. But there was no rain yesterday. Hopefully none today as well. Fingers crossed. Would be a good game. England wants to bowl first taking account of the weather.

cnerd123

likes this
India should smash England tbh. Viru, Kohli, Pathan in hot form, Sachin and Gambhir are class. Bowling attack isn't so hot, but Bhajji is still one of the best ODI bowlers going around and Zak is a handful. If we play Chawla over Sree, then we can suffocate England with spin in the middle, along with Pathan and Yuvi.

England lack lower-middle order power hitting (Bopara does go some way to fixing that tho), and a pace-dominated attack on a flat pitch against this lineup won't work so well unless they manage to stick to a disciplined short-ball assault.

smash84

The Tiger King
I actually don't think Ind-Pak take pleasure when they lose against some of the overseas teams tbh. Particularly Aus and England (probably to a lesser extent). In the past you were expected to if you were an Indian or Pakistani but over the last few years that has changed a lot.
As Cevno mentioned that probably at CW they don't but otherwise they do. Remember the 2009 T20 WC when Pakistan lost (to England????) yuvraj was dancing, much to the delight of the crowd and the Pak people really hated it. There was lots of glee from the Pakistan supporters when India crashed out of that T20 WC.

But I do know for a fact that there is a lot of grudging admiration for the Indian batting here in Pakistan.

Really a battle between the two teams that I dislike the most.

Reckon I'll have to support England though. BCCI is the real enemy here.
:laugh:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Also comes with having a team filled with wankers and supported by even more wankers
I always knew you were anti-India, but sometimes I just get the feeling that you're flat out racist. Honestly, prior to joining this forum, I used to truly think that Australians in general tend to be less tolerant and accepting than people of other countries. But then upon joining this forum, I came across some really amazing Australians, and it helped me change my views on Australia as a whole. But it's the very few people like you that give other Australians a bad name.

Either you've just grown up in such an environment, or you've come across and have been bullied by Indians in the past, or you're just really bitter about Australia's decline. Whatever it is, sort it out buddy, all that built up resentment is not doing you any good.

If you ever came to Canada with such an attitude, I assure you you wouldn't last a day and would be taking the first flight back.