• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #11 (D/N) - New Zealand vs Bangladesh - October 13th, Chennai

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
A shame about Williamson.. looked to be easily easing to a century in his first dig back... Can't do any better than that.

Hopeful it's just a bruise or swelling that'll subside with a couple or days or so.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes. Stop choosing your batting line-up by lottery. Mahmudullah probably could've got 3 figures batting at 6 or higher.
So could everyone else in the top 8 tbf. When you pick eight batsmen one of them has to bat 8.

Tanzid is crap though so they could start by not letting him open. I enjoy the faith in Miraz as a top order bat but they'd be better off letting him open himself.

Litton
Miraz
Shanto
Shakib
Rahim
Hridoy
Mahmudullah
Mehedi
Bowlers

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I’ll keep saying that biggest mistake was to make Shakib captain. We have seen time and time again that he does not let a batting order to remain settle and he prefers to change it. I am sure theres been never a fixed line up from 1 to 7 in consecutive two matches under him if we pull out the stats. Its clear from the presser that Shanto is unhappy that hes being moved to 4 in one match and to 3 in another. Towhid Hridoy’s position was fixed at no5 but hes being moved to no7 all of a sudden. The moment he came out to bat it was evident that hes the best batsman to play short pitched deliveries the way he played pulls along the ground. But for some magical reason he was forced to move to no7. We can blame the batting positions but we also lack in mental aspect and technical side of things which will require generations to overcome.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I’ll keep saying that biggest mistake was to make Shakib captain. We have seen time and time again that he does not let a batting order to remain settle and he prefers to change it. I am sure theres been never a fixed line up from 1 to 7 in consecutive two matches under him if we pull out the stats. Its clear from the presser that Shanto is unhappy that hes being moved to 4 in one match and to 3 in another. Towhid Hridoy’s position was fixed at no5 but hes being moved to no7 all of a sudden. The moment he came out to bat it was evident that hes the best batsman to play short pitched deliveries the way he played pulls along the ground. But for some magical reason he was forced to move to no7. We can blame the batting positions but we also lack in mental aspect and technical side of things which will require generations to overcome.
Do you feel Bangladesh should have had the same faith in Tamim Iqbal that New Zealand had in Kane Williamson?

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Anyone got concerns about Bangladesh 🇧🇩 cricket after this loss
Their youth teams are performing well recently and they finished 3rd in WC qualifying so no , I don't think they are in serious decline, but if they want to seriously challenge the Big 3 for tournament honours they have to do better in selection and less drama off the pitch

slippy888

International Captain
Their youth teams are performing well recently and they finished 3rd in WC qualifying so no , I don't think they are in serious decline, but if they want to seriously challenge the Big 3 for tournament honours they have to do better in selection and less drama off the pitch
Maybe they like drama

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Do you feel Bangladesh should have had the same faith in Tamim Iqbal that New Zealand had in Kane Williamson?
For sure. Australia retaining travis head as well. I think it was more of previous clash issue than a faith issue. We will get to know more once this WC ends or from a tamim iqbal biography in future for sure.