• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #11 (D/N) - New Zealand vs Bangladesh - October 13th, Chennai

Molehill

International Captain
Time to get this one up and running.

Ought to be a straightforward win for the current table toppers, however if there was a pitch which would even things up a little, it's probably this one.

Williamson returns, but who makes way? Chapman or Phillips seem to be the likely suggestions with Ravindra dropping to 4 (not sure that improves the line up).

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Good that Liton came to form but hes going to be boult’s bunny. I would play Nasum here in place of Mahedi and drop Miraz to no7. I will keep saying that Miraz has deficiency to play at top order against good teams but somehow the management thinks otherwise and keeps playing him top order.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Good that Liton came to form but hes going to be boult’s bunny. I would play Nasum here in place of Mahedi and drop Miraz to no7. I will keep saying that Miraz has deficiency to play at top order against good teams but somehow the management thinks otherwise and keeps playing him top order.
why did they promote Miraz and demote the 1 good batsman Bangladesh have found after years of searching

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
why did they promote Miraz and demote the 1 good batsman Bangladesh have found after years of searching
He played as make shift opener and did well against Afghanistan and then they played him at top order in practice matches and they are thinking he’s capable top order player but imo he’s not. Too much shuffling in middle order still going on. I am not liking this at all.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Advantage Bangladesh considering the venue! They have far superior spin attack. If they can hold their batting together, I reckon they will ground the kiwis!

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Test for NZ here. Favourites, but wouldn’t be a major surprise if Bangladesh win, they certainly have the better (spin) attack for this venue, especially if it plays like the Ind-Aus game.

Though equally NZ as a batting unit are miles better than the ones which used to fold in those ODIs in Bangladesh years ago. Conway, KW, Latham all crucial in handling the spin threat.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Advantage Bangladesh considering the venue! They have far superior spin attack. If they can hold their batting together, I reckon they will ground the kiwis!
Yes, but marginally so but the batting line-ups are not even close. Chennai or not, NZ should not lose to this Bangladesh side.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
NZ have already established that they are far better team in spinning track in their last series with a depleted squad. Also I think NZ’s spin option is equal to BD if not better with Santner/Sodhi/Rachin vs Shakib/Miraz/Nasum/Mahedi.

loterry1994

International Debutant
The batting for both sides isn’t even close. If Shakib goes early they seem to collapse. Plus their batting doesn’t have much fire power.

ataraxia

International Coach
Bangladesh do play us with more confidence in turning conditions. This is 60-40 at best imo.
Well this will be like the first time ever we've played a full-strength side in unfriendly conditions v Bangladesh, thanks to Stead and co. constantly shunning them.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Well this will be like the first time ever we've played a full-strength side in unfriendly conditions v Bangladesh, thanks to Stead and co. constantly shunning them.
Iirc there was a nz vs bd game in t20 wc @ eden gardens where sodhi had like five fer