• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

Slifer

International Captain
I fear that Bumrahs action plus his workload will eventually do him in, I fear. Imo he should sit out pointless limited over series/tournaments and series vs teams india would spank with or without him (wi, ban, SL, zim,).

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He still often bowls a bit too short imo after his return from injury. Maybe he's trying to hold back his pace to avoid injury but he rarely cranks it up to 140 kph and just yorks n00bs like he used to. Hope he produces more of what he did yesterday going forward.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He still often bowls a bit too short imo after his return from injury. Maybe he's trying to hold back his pace to avoid injury but he rarely cranks it up to 140 kph and just yorks n00bs like he used to. Hope he produces more of what he did yesterday going forward.
Yeah the fact that he naturally bowls a little shorter than most gun quicks as a stock ball did make his yorkers more effective. If he's not setting them up for that he's just Flintoffing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He creates something for the bowlers around him though. We need the proper Ishant back. THEN we have the attack that can win anywhere and from anywhere. Ishant's control helps Bumrah and Bumrah's set ups help Ishant.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Ishant has acquired a dad bod over the last 18 months and his core isn't strong enough for him to be disciplined in lengths/lines. He had a nice upsurge in the last half of his career but he's done now. This isn't readily apparent because he plays as part of a competent enough bowling attack. India need to be ruthless in selection calls and induct Krishna in upcoming tests.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant has acquired a dad bod over the last 18 months and his core isn't strong enough for him to be disciplined in lengths/lines. He had a nice upsurge in the last half of his career but he's done now. This isn't readily apparent because he plays as part of a competent enough bowling attack. India need to be ruthless in selection calls and induct Krishna in upcoming tests.
Eh, this is a bit premature. Still bowled an ATVG spell at Lords which broke the game open on day 5.

slippy888

International Captain
For me this 5th test match coming up against England and the world 20 20 tournament are must wins for india and then we can handle bumrah work load

Kirkut

International Regular
I fear that Bumrahs action plus his workload will eventually do him in, I fear. Imo he should sit out pointless limited over series/tournaments and series vs teams india would spank with or without him (wi, ban, SL, zim,).
The textbook fast bowler would generate pace from his lower body, especially having strong hips which can take the load of sprints.

Bumrah by contrast gets his pace fron his upper body - shoulders and back, which is why he needs careful management. His run up is almost non existent.

Chrish

International Debutant
As someone commented on other forum that he has bit of Steyn in him.. Seems completely toothless at a times but then pulls out match-winning spell out of nowhere.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As someone commented on other forum that he has bit of Steyn in him.. Seems completely toothless at a times but then pulls out match-winning spell out of nowhere.
I wish he took more big hauls like Steyn. Bumrah's great spells generally need you to be watching to truly know how good they were. The figures at the end are not always that special. 2-27 in last game for example was a remarkable spell.

He still has lot of time though.

Kirkut

International Regular
I wish he took more big hauls like Steyn. Bumrah's great spells generally need you to be watching to truly know how good they were. The figures at the end are not always that special. 2-27 in last game for example was a remarkable spell.

He still has lot of time though.
He's like a Jaguar F series, amazing performance but needs to be carefully used.