• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant would have made that even more delicious. We are one injury away from falling back to an OKayish pace attack.

Flem274*

123/5
i've always found yadav more fun to watch than ishant, though ishant is without question the better bowler.

that's why i listed binny. pandya is the better player but i loved watching binny swing it around with his mediums.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta bump this.

Great batting on 5th day morning and then great bowling in the afternoon. Each of the 3 wickets Boom boom got were so good.

He's bowled so many insane magic balls in his short career. None of that boring top of off **** either. Dipping slower ball yorker last ball before lunch to marsh, sick inswingers to the west indies numpties, off cutter from round the wicket to Robinson, etc. Long may boom boom reign.

Shri

Mr. Glass
i have a slight bit of concern about bumrah though

since his return from his big injury a year or so ago, he has not bowled top order batters much and beaten them for pace like he did in west indies

he bowled paine in aus but he's a lower order bat and not very good

he beat smith and clipped the leg stump when he was trying to glance one

and the only other guy he beat with movement and pace was tom blundell in nz while they were chasing a small target and won

wonder if he has changed as a bowler a bit

iirc he could crank it up to 147-149 kmph before injury but these days he's topping out at 145 max

hope it is because he wants to manage his workload and preserve himself to ply more tests instead of a drop in pace out of his control

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
That slower ball to Robinson was a freakish delivery & even Nasser mentioned that probably was the final nail.
Bumrah still isn't back to his best but he is slowly getting there.
He can be absolutely unstoppable in South Africa later in the year. Those pitches are tailor made for his kind of bowling.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah bumrah loves that back of a length area, and that seems to be dangerous as **** in south africa. Can imagine that+his accurate yorkers and the state of sa's batting giving him a great tour.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
i have a slight bit of concern about bumrah though

since his return from his big injury a year or so ago, he has not bowled top order batters much and beaten them for pace like he did in west indies

he bowled paine in aus but he's a lower order bat and not very good

he beat smith and clipped the leg stump when he was trying to glance one

and the only other guy he beat with movement and pace was tom blundell in nz while they were chasing a small target and won

wonder if he has changed as a bowler a bit

iirc he could crank it up to 147-149 kmph before injury but these days he's topping out at 145 max

hope it is because he wants to manage his workload and preserve himself to ply more tests instead of a drop in pace out of his control
WI top order batters are hardly worth the designation though, no offense to Windies fans. Always seem a fraction of a second late than other top teams. Clunky is the word.

I'm just glad he has the swing back and can still bowl at threatening pace. Now for him to start picking up six+ wicket match hauls regularly.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI top order batters are hardly worth the designation though, no offense to Windies fans. Always seem a fraction of a second late than other top teams. Clunky is the word.

I'm just glad he has the swing back and can still bowl at threatening pace. Now for him to start picking up six+ wicket match hauls regularly.
No offense taken. Our openers can't even pass for can openers.

Flem274*

123/5
bumrah is 27. capping out at 145kph is fine. it's rare a fast bowler in the era of proper speedguns can bowl constant lightning and stay fit for a long test career. a lucky few can - brett lee and mitch starc come to mind - but usually you have to pick and choose when you bowl heat. steyn did, cummins does.

if you can't take wickets with 'only' 130 - 140kph to work with then you're not going to take many test wickets.

it's white ball cricket where you tend to find the guys who are always fast.

so yeah, it's a good thing bumrah is still taking poles despite being slower. if he couldn't, he'd be rightly turfed rather than given an opportunity to be indias greatest quick.