• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I never expected him to hoop it both ways with control like this, thought even if he succeeded it'd be because of the awkward bounce and angle.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pretty sad I missed the Australia series. Would’ve loved to see how in particular he adjusted there to do well.

The guy is thrill a minute. Every ball is an event in the way that I can only recall with Shoaib or MJ in their 1-2 year peaks, despite Bumrah being a radically different bowler.

Can’t wait to see what he does later today.

vcs

We should totally switch to the Dukes ball at home if this is what we can expect of Bumrah, haha. I think I'd deal with our batsmen looking like total spuds if that's the tradeoff.

Daemon

I never expected him to hoop it both ways with control like this, thought even if he succeeded it'd be because of the awkward bounce and angle.
Yeah it's really brilliant. He's smart too. He knew that after the last test the WI left handers would be waiting for the one coming back in and so when he started hooping them away instead they just had no clue.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
It is good to see the workload management of Bumrah. The team management clearly understands what the priorities should be as far as Bumrah is concerned, which means him playing less amount of JAMODIs and JAMT20s. Kapil on the other hand was bowled to ground by 1983. From 1978(when he debuted) till end of 1983, he played an insane 62 test matches. 17 in 1979 and 18 in 1983 ! The current team management will need to be really careful about Bumrah and they are on the right path for now.

From that perspective, it is also nice to see many 4 day test matches. Nothing like an extra day of rest from the point of view of vital quick bowlers.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The page specifically makes mention of Cameron Burge at one point, so it's always been someone we know. Possibly Howe judging by the last post.

EDIT: Ah it's NZTailender
I’m the one who assigned it to Bumrah when he was new-ish. Somewhere in the Asia cup thread.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Pretty sad I missed the Australia series. Would’ve loved to see how in particular he adjusted there to do well.

The guy is thrill a minute. Every ball is an event in the way that I can only recall with Shoaib or MJ in their 1-2 year peaks, despite Bumrah being a radically different bowler.

Can’t wait to see what he does later today.
Are you too young to remember Waqar 's peak years?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I know he didn’t intend it but AMZ sounds genuinely shocked that people under 30 are using the internet :laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
No, I came here to repost my post from 2016, only to find not only had ***** already reposted it but he was also complaining about someone reposting his repost of my post elsewhere.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The memelords cannot become masters of their own products, except by abolishing the previous mode of appropriation, and thereby also every other previous mode of appropriation. They have nothing of their own to secure and to fortify; their mission is to destroy all previous securities for, and claims of, meme ownership.

srbhkshk

International Captain
They've done well in general with quicks.

Ishant, Shami and Umesh probably comfortably outperform their career numbers under Kohli.
Ishant and Shami average about 10 lesser when playing under VK versus not playing under him. Yadav actually averages 5 more.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ishant and Shami average about 10 lesser when playing under VK versus not playing under him. Yadav actually averages 5 more.
Well Umesh played all through the 2016/17 home season while the rest got great averages playing in South Africa, England Australia West Indies against relatively weak batting line ups and spicy pitches.

Coming back to Bumrah -> what's differentiating him in this series is his boomerang swing which I don't think he's generated this much before. Very very few bowlers get the ball to hoop both ways - I'd say Anderson has been the best, Bhuvi to some extent - and Bumrah's doing that now at 145kph with an awkward action + also has a great yorker and slower ball and general game sense to set up a batsman.

His spell last match which set up this thread was all about hooping outswingers and this hattrick was all through inswingers. Amazing versatility. He can change it up depending on the batsman's technique, the way the breeze/slope is going etc, which is incredible.

Daemon

Was listening to an interview of his in Australia where he mentioned bowling short on slow decks is actually a great tactic because you can bang it in real short and always get it around that chest height, unlike on bouncier wickets where bouncers are tougher to aim. On wickets with bounce you just hit a length and let the pitch do it's bit instead of getting carried away. The guy thinks, which is kinda rare.