• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Groundking

International Debutant
Regardless of the laughable innings we've played, we've also been poor with the ball, in for a thumping here imo. Looks flat.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Regardless of the laughable innings we've played, we've also been poor with the ball, in for a thumping here imo. Looks flat.
It being flat does in theory mean you should be able to post a really big second innings score against what is not a good attack though, especially if you play it more strategically and less like an Ashes warmup - ie. try to see off Murtagh's first spell.

In theory...

Groundking

International Debutant
It being flat does in theory mean you should be able to post a really big second innings score against what is not a good attack though, especially if you play it more strategically and less like an Ashes warmup - ie. try to see off Murtagh's first spell.

In theory...
Yeah well that all goes out of the window when you know we'll be 30/3 after 10 anyway.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

In theory...
Yep. England will rightly blow out to $3-4 if Ireland post 250 or so, but it'd be an extremely tempting bet to lump money on. Surely lighting can't strike twice

cnerd123

likes this
According to Reddit this is the first ever Test at Lord's where the opposition team has more FC games at the ground than the England XI.

Mostly thanks to Murtagh

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

In theory...
Lord's doesn't usually stay flat though does it? This is the session where you'd expect it to be at its flattest.

morgieb

I get the feeling I'm gonna loathe Sam Curran if he stays around for a long time in the international scene (and I suspect he will).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yep. England will rightly blow out to $3-4 if Ireland post 250 or so, but it'd be an extremely tempting bet to lump money on. Surely lighting can't strike twice
England will NOT blow out to $3-4 if Ireland post 250. In fact, for any lead less than 200, I shall be surprised if betting sites have Ireland as favourites.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hope Stirling produces a mini cameo. Would take a minimal new high score here. 28 off 35 balls.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England will NOT blow out to $3-4 if Ireland post 250. In fact, for any lead less than 200, I shall be surprised if betting sites have Ireland as favourites.
Hmm. My site had England at 1.60 just before the first wicket fell for Ireland, far higher than I expected. I'd say 250 would certainly have the Irish favourites.

Uppercut

I hope Stirling produces a mini cameo. Would take a minimal new high score here. 28 off 35 balls.
This is where we need him tbh. Unlike most of our batsmen he doesn't look outclassed against top-level bowling, especially when it's flat. But his FC record is pretty shocking given his ability.