• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been watching for 15 minutes and Michael Holding has mentioned four times about the bowlers lack of pace. We get it ok?

Groundking

International Debutant
The fact that so many people refer to his recent runs as "good form" rather than "improvement" says a lot IMO.

**** players who are in good form are still ****. And "**** but in good form" is precisely what he looked like. A few of those earlier boundaries would've been edged on a less decisive day for him without doubt IMO; in fact one of them was and went through fourth slip. His defensive technique is miles better than Roy's but you can't be that loose on the drive against the new ball on Day 1.
No I agree, he reminds me of Vince with how far away from his body he plays his drives, always a candidate for an early nick off to slips. Also Roy's never going to make it as a test opener playing the ball so far ahead of his body. There's a disgusting lack of discipline with our batsmen at the moment, none of them are happy to graft it out and see out rough times and too many play the ball miles away from their body.

Oh dear at that Root.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been having a chat with a mate in Isle of Man

Ashes is going to be a great batsman/lunatic/promising youngsters with weakness v potentially great batsman/ potentially great all rounder/bunch of number 8s

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
All out for less than 100? Always a possibility against Australia, but I thought we'd avoid that in this test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thats just nice bowling and pretty uncovincing from Root.

The steady Moeen out to bat now. TBH, I can see a Woakes masterclass.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How on earth did the umpire give Root not out btw?

And what's the umpire's problem with Bairstow batting out of his crease?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So this was going pretty much as expected.... now slightly worse than expeted but not entirely unexpected