• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will jacks is apparently debutting for RCB. Be interesting to see who get's left out. Would be suprised if they drop green, don't see how replacing green with jacks solves the whole "we have two guys who wanna bat three (patidar and green) and neither can bat 5) issue they have.
They're dropping Maxwell, most likely. Topley's been doing a decent job.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't like how they've managed green. He made 33(21) at 3 fairly early on and they know he works there, yet they dropped him down to batting 5 or 6 in the last game then dropped him, and now they've bought jacks in to apparently replace him at 3 (cricinfo comms have him at 3 but playing xi has him at 5, not sure what the go is). If this isn't an injury related dropping it's horrible managment of a guy they dropped 17 crore on.

Molehill

International Captain
If you're gonna play Jacks you have to open with him, he'll go from ball 1. Should've swapped him and Kohli around, but I guess he bats where he wants even if it's not the best for the team.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're gonna play Jacks you have to open with him, he'll go from ball 1. Should've swapped him and Kohli around, but I guess he bats where he wants even if it's not the best for the team.
Kohlis striking at 160 or something in the PP vs pace this season (or was before this game). The issue, if there's been one from him, has been the slowdown in overs 7 to 12 vs spin. Jacks opening doesn't solve that and I honestly feel like it would just make kohli worse.

Molehill

International Captain
Kohlis striking at 160 or something in the PP vs pace this season (or was before this game). The issue, if there's been one from him, has been the slowdown in overs 7 to 12 vs spin. Jacks opening doesn't solve that and I honestly feel like it would just make kohli worse.
Is 160 against pace in the powerplay actually any good? Especially, when you have an extra batsman available.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is 160 against pace in the powerplay actually any good? Especially, when you have an extra batsman available.
Before today it was 163(down to 147 now), before today he was 3rd on the list (narine and head are both striking at 200), now he's 4th below warner. Will jack's career mark in PP vs pace is 168. He'de probably strike a bit faster if you gave him enough balls given the impact sub and everything, but his career average is also only 30 vs kohli's mark of 100 this tournament (haden't been dismissed before today).

I still don't get why they didn't just back green at 3. His career SR vs spin in the PP is 190 vs a strike rate of 148 vs pace. He's the perfect guy to be at the other end in the PP after kohli and faf have a bit of a swing upfront.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
lol Patidar is so bad. Wtf plays a short ball like that?

Edit: Well played, I guess. At least deposited some gimme balls into the stands.

Edit+: Lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually think they should have gunned for DDP. And tried to fit in Lomror in that top order. Patidar is great but he would have been an ideal trade to RR to get DDP. They need lefties in their line up and Virat is gonna bat 3 for India anyways, so should be looking to practice batting there even in the IPL. DDP can even be groomed as a future captain,being a Bengaluru boy and all.

And I am sure they could have gotten another spinner like Zampa if they tried hard.

Faf
DDP
Virat
Maxi
Lomror
DK/Topley (Impact)
Rawat (wk)
Vyshak
Akashdeep
Siraj
Zampa

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Only time maxwell passed single figures this season he was dropped twice before eventually being caught on 28. If KKR didn't drop him his scoreline would read:
0 3 11 0 1 0.

Quality stuff.