• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I saw a twitter thread the other day, by someone who had skin in the IPL, saying that RCB going all in on batters never works and that teams who invest most in bowling resources do best. They said there is no way RCB can accommodate Kohli, Faf and Maxi.

Niall

International Coach
I saw a twitter thread the other day, by someone who had skin in the IPL, saying that RCB going all in on batters never works and that teams who invest most in bowling resources do best. They said there is no way RCB can accommodate Kohli, Faf and Maxi.

Yeah they never learn. I recall the "glory" days when they had Kohli at his absolute peak and Gayle smashing it at the top with ABDV who was special in the same line up and they won absolutely nothing. They have had good bowlers over the years but more often than not it looks an unbalanced team with way to many passengers.

They have spent plenty of money on bowlers, bats but more often that not they fail.

Basically the Indian version of Man Utd. :euro:

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Who are here best starting bowlers in the IPL - in terms of PP wickets? I assume Boult. RCB should go all in on someone who can take wickets up top.