• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Teams that finish 4th hardly ever win the IPL. (i think it's only happened once).

It's the top 2 teams that end up winning almost every time.

Them coming 4th was like winning the IPL for them given they had less than 1% chance of making the cut.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really been great
  • MI dump crowd fav Rohit and the fans turn on them and Hardik
  • Kohli - Commentator saga
  • Hardik’s wife may have left him (or he’s just protecting her from online trolls - either way it’s drama)
  • Parts of social media have turned on msd
  • Csk kicked out by rcb of all teams
  • Rcb didn’t shake msd’s hand so now he can’t retire and will play again next year (imo)
  • Clown impact player rule openly criticised by players
  • KL scolded by team owner
  • GG’s PR reversal (may even be a front runner for head coach of the indian team now)
I’m sure I’m missing other drama

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prior to this match Ashwin had only 7 wickets with an average that’d make Rubel jealous…somehow he stepped up here with his line focused primarily in the region of between middle and leg to wide outside leg— the opposite of Chahal.

Think he might be the difference also in Chennai (it’s his home ground , right?)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I put a fair amount of disrespect on Cameron green this season, but he's actually done pretty well all things considered. 260 runs @30 and a Sr of 145 and 10 wickets @30 with an econ of 8.5. I still wouldn't have bought him, and I don't know if RCB retain him at the mega auction, but he's given their camp a bit too think about.

HouHsiaoHsien

State Captain
I put a fair amount of disrespect on Cameron green this season, but he's actually done pretty well all things considered. 260 runs @30 and a Sr of 145 and 10 wickets @30 with an econ of 8.5. I still wouldn't have bought him, and I don't know if RCB retain him at the mega auction, but he's given their camp a bit too think about.
He’s actually played very well in the 2nd half, crucial cameos at the end of the innings, and one or two wickets here and there at a decent economy.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
CA headline for the match is "RCB bow out despite Green, Maxwell efforts"

Maxwell got a golden and didn't bowl so I'd have thought they bowed out because of his efforts rather than despite them.
Got a golden, didn't bowl AND dropped a sitter. Wasn't a great game for the big schlong.