• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Big over from Coulter Nile getting 12rpo off Bumrah at the death could be a toughask can they get some of those runs against NCN who has looked hittable at times

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
DC are not in MI's class. Unfortunately, the pitches have really not been slow and low as the tourney went on as was expected. It could be the winter, it could be the grass that seem to have been left on the pitch more than usual, it could be the dew but once it became clear this IPL was more about the fast men than the spinners and more about power hitters than batsmen who can defeat tough conditions, I really dont think any side was in MI's league. I thought either SRH or RCB could give MI more run for their money but RCB kept messing up simple calls in the decisive stages, DC went full galaxy brain a la RR and SRH kept losing players to injuries.

JOJOXI

DC are not in MI's class. Unfortunately, the pitches have really not been slow and low as the tourney went on as was expected. It could be the winter, it could be the grass that seem to have been left on the pitch more than usual, it could be the dew but once it became clear this IPL was more about the fast men than the spinners and more about power hitters than batsmen who can defeat tough conditions, I really dont think any side was in MI's league. I thought either SRH or RCB could give MI more run for their money but RCB kept messing up simple calls in the decisive stages, DC went full galaxy brain a la RR and SRH kept losing players to injuries.
I think the batting was a bigger problem for us more then anything - its odd as when we played MI for a second time I was quite optimistic despite defeat. Managed to give MI a competitive game despite a combined 24 off 26 from ABD and Kohli but it went downhill after that. I think SRH probably had the best chance of beating MI but in fairness to DC I think MI are just a very good team. I don't think I'd have fancied any team against Mumbai batting first whilst chasing not easy either in a final especially as with NCN at 8 Mumbai would have more freedom to attack and be more likely to set you a 170+ target.

JOJOXI

I mean a positive is that DC still haven't won the IPL - don't want my dear RCB to be the last team to win it and with just 2 sides not having won it (had DC won today) it would have gotten nervy.

Think there are positives to take for DC - perhaps miss a finisher unless they totally back Stoinis (who done better then I expected). Morris would have been a great fit I think - allows DC to have 3 overseas seamers whilst packing the batting with Morris at 7, Axar at 8, Ashwin at 9 and then Rabada and Nortje

Jack1

International Debutant
Think DC were 25 runs short and it told. MI cruised it and deserved it - clearly the strongest team over the season

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kudos to MI. I think they were lucky last year to get away with the win but this year they have been head and shoulders above the rest, and interestingly while many of the other sides seemed to go down the longer the season went on, they were one of the few teams to get better as the season went on. They invested heavily since 2013 on power hitters and fast bowlers and that has paid dividends in one of the most dominant IPL runs I can think of.

They were surely in some luck as well given how the pitches and the winter seemed to almost relegate spinners to also rans this IPL along with accumulator type batsmen, two categories they never stocked up on. But there is some decent logic there as it seems with all night T20 games, fast bowlers are less likely to cost you games overall with all the dew and cool weather factoring in, even in peak summer conditions. All in all, they invested heavily in playing a certain type of cricket from 2013 and it has landed them 5 titles in 8 seasons. You can't really help but applaud that vision, planning, focus which led to them getting these results. This is not an ATG side at its core like the other dominant cricket teams we have seen at the national level but this is one built on an excellent vision, focused planning, and continual efforts.

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I support any time that’s playing against cheater Ponting. So glad to see Mumbai win this.

my team was SRH!!

Aaron510

He was an Aussie, obviously!
Stop with this!!!

Adam Gilchrist, Glenn McGrath and Mike Hussey are my all time favorites!! I am a huge fan of steve Waugh who was the best Australian captain in my opinion!!

Ponting was the poster boy of an Australian team that never shy away from sledging, cheating and taking unfair advantage.

he constantly moaned, bitched and cried when things didn’t go his way.

Just type Ponting vs Umpire in YouTube.. you will see a bunch of videos of him pushing and shoving the umpires.. total lacked sportsmanship!!

This is one of the most disgraceful thing I have seen by a captain!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stop with this!!!

Adam Gilchrist, Glenn McGrath and Mike Hussey are my all time favorites!! I am a huge fan of steve Waugh who was the best Australian captain in my opinion!!

Ponting was the poster boy of an Australian team that never shy away from sledging, cheating and taking unfair advantage.

he constantly moaned, bitched and cried when things didn’t go his way.

Just type Ponting vs Umpire in YouTube.. you will see a bunch of videos of him pushing and shoving the umpires.. total lacked sportsmanship!!

This is one of the most disgraceful thing I have seen by a captain!

This is such horse****.

How can you dislike Ponting for cheating but still admire Steve Waugh?

Aaron510

This is such horse****.

How can you dislike Ponting for cheating but still admire Steve Waugh?
To be fair.. I got in to cricket late 98.. I tuned out 2001. So I didn’t see much of Steve Waugh. I saw a lot of Steve Waugh in 1999 World Cup!!! So based on what I saw in that World Cup.. I was a fan.

I saw a lot of Ponting and he was a whinny bitch!!!

Shri

Mr. Glass
IPL 2021 retained/released players list:

there will be a bidding war between punjab and chennai for steve smith i think

he's probably going to be csk captain after msd leaves if csk get him for a few years at least