• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
They have to stop meddling needlessly with simple things.. If Finch plays, he opens. If Zampa bowls 3 overs for 6 runs and a wicket, you keep him going for the 4th, esp. since you have Moeen and Sundar to bowl spin too. The needless stuff is what cost RCB this IPL IMO. And of course, the injury to Morris.
I'm not so sure it cost us this IPL personally. Agree Finch should open but people (not me) have been saying all season Kohli should open - that automatically means Paddikal or Finch playing in a less favoured position by not opening given Finch came into the IPL as a near certain starter for the first couple of games. I would've bowled Zampa a 4th over but didn't mind it so much if we were going to use another over of spin rather then Dube. After all a legspinner perhaps harder to get away in the slog overs then a finger spinner. Personally, I'd have tried to get the overs of finger spin in earlier from Chahal's end after he bowled his 2nd over.

I think ABD needs to come in at 5 and every game makes me think that more. That isn't an inflexible thing and of course if you get off to a good start bring him up the order, ideally I'd have him coming in at 11 or 12 overs but even today the comms said what I said a while back about the need for an overseas middle order batsman. The problem is who? Morgan at KKR and Pooran at KXIP won't be going anywhere soon. Maybe Maxwell gets released but he's often had iffy returns in the IPL. I wouldn't mind Root in all honesty and have a lineup of Parthiv (wk), Paddikal, Kohli, Root, ABD, Dube, Morris, Sundar, Chahal, Saini, K Richardson. The problem for us has seemed to be almost playing an old style ODI innings but not finding the finishing kick. We've seen the success Narine has had as a pinch hitter in the powerplay in the past - I'm not suggesting Parthiv or Paddikal be that aggressive but as more complete batsman then Narine no reason they can't look to maximise the powerplay and early middle overs if they are still not out if they a) know there are 3 class batsman yet to bat and b) are given confidence from the coaching staff. After all, even if Parthiv regularly failed is it any worse then what is currently happening with Gurkeerat/Moeen and it ensures you have ABD saving runs in the outfield too

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Such a boring IPL. MI have got DC covered and are twice as strong as DC. At least with SRH there was hope that Warner and Rashid can pull off individual performances that can be match winning with Holder and KW solidly backing them up. Right now, DC are toast. Had KKR been there instead of SRH though, I feel it could have been a lot better.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree, DC were very good at the start of the tournament, yesterday felt like a return to that.

It’s also been a great tournament imo, playoffs aside. Though I can understand why it’s not been fun for you :P

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DC have genuine match winners with bat(Shikar, Stoi, Shreyas, Shimmy) and ball(KG, Nortje and Ash). This is game on.

If only Ponting didn't soil his Pant :(

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I actually fancied DC at the start of the tournament - my only slight doubt was they hadn't won the tournament before but a spin attack of Ashwin and Axar trumps the MI spin attack and Nortje and Rabada is a gun seam bowling pairing. Bumrah a big figure for MI, but I do think on the whole DC have the better bowling attack. MI have the better batting I feel though and a batting lineup and franchise used to these sorts of big games. Kishan and Suryakumar Yadav have had decent seasons too so its no longer a case of keep Pollard and Pandya's quiet (a tough enough task) and you're well on the way to winning the game.

Intrigued what DC do at the toss if they win it. Personally cannot really see DC winning batting first but do you want to allow scoreboard pressure to play a part in a final by deciding to chase?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Disagree, DC were very good at the start of the tournament, yesterday felt like a return to that.

It’s also been a great tournament imo, playoffs aside. Though I can understand why it’s not been fun for you :P
Last year's was better. This year's tournament really kicked into gear from the second half but yeah, I tend to let the play offs dictate how good the league was too much. WE did go into the last week with 7 teams having a shot at making the play offs.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
lol what a damp squib. Feel sorry for the shills in the comm box trying to hype this.

Delhi playing like idiots though. Think 150 tops from here on out and defend that tooth and nail.