• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How about Devdutt Paddikkal ? I know most of his performances have been in white ball cricket but Dravid thinks he has the chops for the longer format as well.
What I like about Devdutt is he is clinical in putting away bad balls without risk. Improving his strike rotation is the next step for him.

Only doubt is if he has the concentration to play long innings. 10 FC 50's without a century so far.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
What I like about Devdutt is he is clinical in putting away bad balls without risk. Improving his strike rotation is the next step for him.

Only doubt is if he has the concentration to play long innings. 10 FC 50's without a century so far.
The second para is the danger signal. We will see more of his ilk.

Yeah after 13 years, ****ing IPL has taken the toll.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I just hope some of the best players can pick themselves up after such a draining tour and be ready for the England series. A daunting task though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That’s not especially helpful
It's a model that claims to show what the bowlers would be expected to average, presumably through the probability of taking wickets with the deliveries bowled (not that CricViz would actually tell you how their models work).

Considering Cummins, who averages 21 in the real world, is conspicuously absent, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

And no, I don't think it's a 'if catches had been taken model'.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a model that claims to show what the bowlers would be expected to average, presumably through the probability of taking wickets with the deliveries bowled (not that CricViz would actually tell you how their models work).

Considering Cummins, who averages 21 in the real world, is conspicuously absent, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

And no, I don't think it's a 'if catches had been taken model'.
I wondered what it meant, because I thought Bumrah’s average was lower than what was posted anyway?

Pravda getting its facts wrong?