• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2017

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This.

Thampi, Sandeep and Aniket are the three I will watch out for.
Am I the only one around here who thinks that Thampi is overrated?
Sandeep must get in the Indian team within one year. Thampi and Aniket need improvement to be considered a few years down the line (I like Aniket's height factor). Kaul is not India material - he is going to be another Dinda. I don't want to discourage a young bowler but if Kaul is going to be a permanent member of the Indian team that would mean we're again going to have dearth of pace bowlers like the 80s and 90s.

indiaholic

International Captain
Sandeep must get in the Indian team within one year. Thampi and Aniket need improvement to be considered a few years down the line (I like Aniket's height factor). Kaul is not India material - he is going to be another Dinda. I don't want to discourage a young bowler but if Kaul is going to be a permanent member of the Indian team that would mean we're again going to have dearth of pace bowlers like the 80s and 90s.
Don't worry. Kaul doesn't give a **** about your opinion.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Why are we even talking about these so so bowlers? Our limited overs pacers are Shami, Yadav, Bhuvi and Bumrah with Nehra as injury cover. All of the others suck or need more time to develop.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Aniket is tall , is a left hander and has pace. He's probably the most important one to India, the other left arm options are Nehra (almost finished) and Sran (inferior to Aniket in pace and height.)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Why are we even talking about these so so bowlers? Our limited overs pacers are Shami, Yadav, Bhuvi and Bumrah with Nehra as injury cover. All of the others suck or need more time to develop.
Sandeep is better than Nehra and more economical than Umesh.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umesh is the guy who can take out the Warners and the Roots. Need that. Bumrah has the late overs covered. Bhuvi is a new ball wicket taker and economical to boot. Good combo. Umesh should only play major ODI tournaments though since India need him to be able to play four years of tests. Sandeep/Nehra can be rotated in random ODIs and T20s.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I say don't even play Umesh in LOIs, Bumrah/Bhuvi/Shami/Pandya (If he can be in the side in India, he is gonna be in the side outside.) should be our attack, then add 1 spinner, drop a pacer if you need to play two.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I say don't even play Umesh in LOIs, Bumrah/Bhuvi/Shami/Pandya (If he can be in the side in India, he is gonna be in the side outside.) should be our attack, then add 1 spinner, drop a pacer if you need to play two.
Yeah but players don't appreciate being dropped when in good form. I'm sure Umesh is rearing to play the CT.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yeah but players don't appreciate being dropped when in good form. I'm sure Umesh is rearing to play the CT.
You are right, I didn't think of that. Although, even at his current form he is not particularly better than any of the three pacers mentioned above in LOIs.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's never struck me as much of an ODI bowler, but then he did perform in the 2015 WC, so he might do well.

Our bowlers have had the happy knack of doing well in ICC tournaments TBF.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Umesh is the guy who can take out the Warners and the Roots. Need that. Bumrah has the late overs covered. Bhuvi is a new ball wicket taker and economical to boot. Good combo. Umesh should only play major ODI tournaments though since India need him to be able to play four years of tests. Sandeep/Nehra can be rotated in random ODIs and T20s.
You forgot Shami. I think he's still India's 2nd best pacer after Bhuvi.

91Jmay

International Coach
Woakes has actually been halfway reasonable, which is odd considering he is a pretty bad T20 player.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Colin De Grandhomme being a regular in the IPL is the weirdest thing since James Franklin doing the same.

Must be an amazing experience though for the guy, who six-ish months ago was a 30 yr old domestix player who'd barely played an international.