• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2017

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Was thinking the same. Nice variations. Would like a bit more pace though.
Nah he troubles all the best batsmen in the world. He bowls at the pace of Hadlee, Ambrose and McGrath. I don't get why every pace bowler needs to be super-fast.

91Jmay

International Coach
Would Stokes be top 5 in MVP stakes? Adds so much value.

Steve Smith continues to show his T20 class I see 8-)

Shri

Mr. Glass
No, he's just gotten old. Natural decline.

How many ****ing hattricks have we seen this year? ****.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Would you have him in the team with Bhuvi?
In my ODI and T20 teams atm, Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah will play. If one of them gets injured Sandeep will come in. [which basically means he will play almost all the matches because one of them is always injured :) ]

Both Bhuvi and Bumrah are good death bowlers. Shami isn't bad at death either. So, I'll use Sandeep for at least 8 overs in the first 40.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
In my ODI and T20 teams atm, Bhuvi, Shami and Bumrah will play. If one of them gets injured Sandeep will come in. [which basically means he will play almost all the matches because one of them is always injured :) ]

Both Bhuvi and Bumrah are good death bowlers. Shami isn't bad at death either. So, I'll use Sandeep for at least 8 overs in the first 40.
To me it seems he generally gets in a good 2ish overs with the new ball but his 2 later overs (even if they are not at death) tend to be markedly poorer.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You really can't flight it as much now as a spinner in T20s can you. Mishra totally deceived Pollard there and the **** still gets 6 for it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
To me it seems he generally gets in a good 2ish overs with the new ball but his 2 later overs (even if they are not at death) tend to be markedly poorer.
In my T20 team he'll bowl 3 in the powerplay and 6 within first 12 in ODI

He isn't a bad middle/end-overs bowler too at all.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Narine opening is probably the only good thing the Melbourne Renegades have ever done

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I'm watching England. But how can Sunil Narine turn into Chris Gayle?

He used to bat 11 and now he's equalled the fastest IPL 50.

I think the correct phrase for the matter is wagwan.