• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

Niall

International Coach
I think Channel 4 sadly will only show 1 test at best as probably be a joint bid with BT.

What exactly does sky sports offer to anyone who does not like soccer?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Channel 4 sadly will only show 1 test at best as probably be a joint bid with BT.

What exactly does sky sports offer to anyone who does not like soccer?
Well every England home match, domestic cricket, pretty much all golf, all F1, NFL I think?

So yeah most sport.

Definitely have a less firm grip of international cricket now though, used to have pretty much everywhere, think it might only be South Africa, Pakistan and West Indies now.

Niall

International Coach
Well every England home match, domestic cricket, pretty much all golf, all F1, NFL I think?

So yeah most sport.

Definitely have a less firm grip of international cricket now though, used to have pretty much everywhere, think it might only be South Africa, Pakistan and West Indies now.

I hate NFL though!

They still have some rugby and some boxing here and their.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Can Sundar become a long term no6 as a batting all rounder or is that one spot too high for him?
In time I reckon he'll have to. Don't think we have the sort of batting riches we're accustomed to coming through the ranks, so people like Sundar and Pant will have to assume more responsibility in about five years time.

cnerd123

likes this
India will have to shake off the high from the Aus tour and get down to business. England are a serious looking outfit.

Slow turners defo the way to go for India.

I just hope the coaches and selectors put the fittest team on the park. We don't want to aggravate anyone's injuries by rushing them back in.

In a best case scenario where everyone is 100% (which it won't be):

Rohit | Gill | Che Pu | Kohli | Rahane | Pant (+) | Washington/Hardik | Ashwin | Bumrah | Ishant | Siraj/Kuldeep

I could actually see Pant batting at 5 and Rahane at 6 in case they're worried about too many right handers in a row

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Keen to see how his lardness Rohit goes in this series. Time to get that test average north of 50.

Have hopes from Virat too. He should be feeling pretty angry and agitated against the world in general after how things transpired post his Adelaide departure. An angry Virat with a chip on his shoulder is the best Virat at crease.

sunilz

International Regular
Keen to see how his lardness Rohit goes in this series. Time to get that test average north of 50.

Have hopes from Virat too. He should be feeling pretty angry and agitated against the world in general after how things transpired post his Adelaide departure. An angry Virat with a chip on his shoulder is the best Virat at crease.
He also was very angry and had chip on his shoulder in 2017 IND-AUS series. He averaged 9 then ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
With Jadeja out England's 4,5,6,7 of Root, Pope, stokes and Buttler is arguably stronger than Kohli, Rahane, Pant and Axar.

Problem though for England is I think India's top 3 is decidedly better as as are their spinners. I also don't think England's seamers are better in these conditions.

Hard to see England winning the series. I don't see the parallels to 2012 at all. Back then Swann and Monty and Anderson were at the top of their game and crucially had prior experience in India something Bess and Leach lack.