• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
Always thought Root's weakness is accurate fast bowling rather than spin, which is weird for an English batsman. If he replicates even half of what he did in Sri Lanka and rest of the guys chip in, then this will be a good series.

Given how England seem to have played Embuldeniya, just reaffirms for me that Jadeja is a big loss for India.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Disney plus annual subscription in UK is priced at 60 pounds. How many subscribers do they expect to acquire on the strength of cricket from India? I expect plenty of interest from Indians if there's IPL in the mix.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
If you guys are watching the SMAT knock out rounds, it's not the usual motera pitch. Bouncier than what it used to be, seam for bowlers willing to bang it in, and appreciable swing under lights. The pink ball affair should be interesting.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Has been a happy ground for Virat and Jadeja with the ball. Our pacers haven't done much at all on this pitch.

Also the boys have been playing so much away, and some of them like Gill has probably played more matches away than at home. It feels like ages since we last played at home and I am not sure going cold into a test match is the best thing.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Kuldeep strikes me as a bowler who loses his head and confidence really easily. Remember in the IPL the year before last (I think) Moeen Ali took him for like 25+ in an over and he was completely demoralised by it. Think he's been found out a bit in the last few years and will be interesting to see how he goes, presuming he gets the chance.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Disney plus annual subscription in UK is priced at 60 pounds. How many subscribers do they expect to acquire on the strength of cricket from India? I expect plenty of interest from Indians if there's IPL in the mix.
It's 5.99 as month. Can cancel at anytime

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kuldeep strikes me as a bowler who loses his head and confidence really easily. Remember in the IPL the year before last (I think) Moeen Ali took him for like 25+ in an over and he was completely demoralised by it. Think he's been found out a bit in the last few years and will be interesting to see how he goes, presuming he gets the chance.
He can be a valuable asset in Tests where he gets to develop his spells and doesn't have to worry about containing batsmen. I feel he's been hard done these last few years. His limited overs fortunes should not dictate his Test prospects, a format where he has had very good returns in his short career so far (24 wkts in 6 Tests). Hope he gets to play a full series here and outbowls every other spinner on display.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
It's 5.99 as month. Can cancel at anytime
Makes the deal even sweeter. The rights holder apparently decided to live stream on Disney Plus after Sky UK turned down the 20 million price tag. Would be nice to learn how many subscribers they can net eventually. Kayo in Aus peaked at 600K