• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
harbhajan can't even form a coherent sentence. hopefully this is his last gig.
I think this does however prove without a shadow of a doubt that he was innocent in Sydney 08. Him stringing enough syllables together to call Symonds a monkey is enough of a stretch, any of the Australians understanding his English is beyond any realms of possibility.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

flibbertyjibber

Yet in the first two Tests it was England doing this to India in similar conditions.

There's a lot of cricket to be played in this Test, reckon 210 would be a score to set the Test up (sans Kohli ton).
Batting was still terrible though even with us winning. Lucky in first test thanks to Curran and Woakes dug us out of a hole with the Bairstow partnership in 2nd despite the awful Indian batting in the first innings.

cnerd123

likes this
Ali halfway to that jammy 50 I predicted

Curran is such an annoying little ****. Bugger off you talented wonderkid save this **** for Australia and the Ashes

Bumrha, Ahswin and Isahnt have been a bit wayward. Bring Sahmi back on.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Moeen being saved by the fact he's not moving forward at all - lack of commitment means ball keeps passing the outside edge.

Daemon

stfu everyone, this 50 run partnership is clearly because we lost focus and stopped gambhiring

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd love to see Ashwin get a couple of overs at Ali concentrating on using his overspin here. As soon as it's quick Ali's front foot stays nice and loose, doesn't over commit. When the ball gets above the eyeline, it braces as he looks to drive and that's when the LBW or catch in front of the wicket is on.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Curious case of Ashwin - does well in an innings or two overseas,with bat & bowl, then goes missing in the rest of the series?

Borges

International Regular
Woo! This is a partnership of mammoth proportions, after what had gone on earlier.
Curran has played well; on a normal day Ali would have been out roughly 23 times.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Woo! This is a partnership of mammoth proportions, after what had gone on earlier.
Curran has played well; on a normal day Ali would have been out roughly 23 times.
Ali has done well not fishing for deliveries outside off, surprisingly well.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Curious case of Ashwin - does well in an innings or two overseas,with bat & bowl, then goes missing in the rest of the series?
Harsh, he was injured last match. And this pitch is not turning at all so at least he is keeping it under 1.5 an over

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, at the very least Ashwin never lets up pressure when it's not his turn to strike in overseas Tests. Helps build pressure - sometimes you've got to be content with that being your role.

I mean, I think he can afford to attack a bit more with Ali at the crease, but he gets his role in the team and how it changes really well.