• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Jack1

International Debutant
What current batting lineup would do better against what England have faced today?

I'm sure Smith and Williamson would have found ways to score runs, Kohli as well, but are there really any other batsmen going around you'd back to do significantly better?

Maybe the SA lineup with Elgar/Markam/Faf and Pak with Azhar/Shafiq/some of their young guns I suppose.
In my view all teams would have put on a better display apart from Ireland, Afghanistan and Zim. England didn't pick their best team. Look at how many mistakes in the top 6 line up. Considering England have picked such a weird team you are being harsh on other teams. You are right to say a team has bowled well, but the team England picked has been shockingly bad from 1-6

Jack1

International Debutant
Stoneman and Burns can't arrive fast enough.

What the ****, Moeen, don't chase that ****

Gubbins and Burns. I wouldn't go back to Stoneman before Gubbins. Stoneman's FC stats are poor (and so are his season stats) and he struggled badly in tests.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No doubt Ed Smith will rectify this abysmal display by picking another T20 player for the next test, step forward Jason Roy to open the batting.

How long do we give that clown, his choices have hardly been great bar Curran and we dropped him anyway.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is pathetic. Gutless from England but we keep picking the same failures test in test out.
I'm struggling to remember a worse top 6 in England's test side. Given we're looking at the past-it version of Cook and captaincy version of Root, before anyone suggests otherwise.

flibbertyjibber

I'm struggling to remember a worse top 6 in England's test side. Given we're looking at the past-it version of Cook and captaincy version of Root, before anyone suggests otherwise.
Well seeing as 6,7 and 8 used to bail us out all the time Smith's answer has been to move them all up the order so they can fail there and now we have nobody to bail us out. Clown.

Borges

International Regular
Seeing him bat here, does anyone believe the unconfirmed reports about Moeen Ali scoring a double century in Kennedy's county cricket? Division One.

Jack1

International Debutant
No doubt Ed Smith will rectify this abysmal display by picking another T20 player for the next test, step forward Jason Roy to open the batting.

How long do we give that clown, his choices have hardly been great bar Curran and we dropped him anyway.
I believe sadly Ed Smith is one of those people that likes to be different, instead of just doing the obvious and being conventional. Just so you know too, I liked James Taylor as a player and tried to read his autobiography. He's arrogant and really ****y..very dislikable in my view and overly soppy about his partner in it (no offence James, just my personal opinion). Root seems to have a big pull on who gets in too and he likes his mates in.

I find it poor Stokes is in the middle over too when England have players like Hildreth and Bell who have good FC careers and FC form. That's without mentioning the fact they continue to pick Jennings over Burns and Gubbins. And they've batted Moeen in the wrong spot again, tried to get "funky" batting Bairstow 4, batting Root in the wrong spot. So much wrong with these team lol, it looks like a casual has picked it. Foakes could be in as keeper over Buttler too in a conventional team.

I was meant to be going to the game with my girlfriend. I waited for the squad to pull the trigger and buy the tickets. England have let me down badly. I told her I'm not going to a ****show with her where England open the batting with Jennings and have a mind-numbingly stupid batting line up. It isn't a national side, more a club. I can't justify paying £250 on tickets for that.

This series is interesting. If India can push home the advantage they could get this back to 2-2. I believe only one time in history has a series been turned on it's head (to 3-2) from 0-2.

Anyway that's enough posting for me for the day, good luck guys!!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well seeing as 6,7 and 8 used to bail us out all the time Smith's answer has been to move them all up the order so they can fail there and now we have nobody to bail us out. Clown.
Hasn't helped, isn't it. I'm sticking to my theory that Vince should be back batting at 3. Even averaging 24 or whatever it was, the net gains from keeping other where they actually performed may be worth it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The mere fact that England feel fit to play a batsman with a broken finger at 4 shows that they're not taking the exercise very seriously.

flibbertyjibber

The mere fact that England feel fit to play a batsman with a broken finger at 4 shows that they're not taking the exercise very seriously.
Disgusting he is playing despite the fact he has probably been our best bat this summer. You break your finger then as a batsman I am sorry whoever you are in this side you are out of the series.