• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

halba

International 12th Man
When will aussies field a proper batting lineup again? Ive been waiting over decade. Why cant we produce any top quality batsman anymore. Has anyone figured out the reasons. Does it start from school level or what?
We are capable of producing decent quality bowlers, but the issues with the bowling is not as bad as the batting. Theres heaps of extra bowling depth in shield we havent used. there is NO batting depth whatsoever.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Honestly I won't feel comfortable than anything less than 250. Kohli is very determined and he just has to repeat his first innings for India to win.
I think they will get to 250 and a few more. Our bowlers ( even the current set supposed to be our best ever) are notorious in letting tail wag a bit longer than other bowling attacks going around. It has happened so many times, more so touring. Adelaide 2003 was one exception.

Also, this batting lineup is not so good under pressure. Pujara will go into his shell after an inevitable early wicket, might stay for a couple of hours. Kohli would not be scoring 4th innings hundreds every single time. All it takes is one good delivery or one ordinary shot. Cummins, Hazlewood,Lyon and arguably Starc will not be bowling rubbishly like Umesh.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Don't think he would be required to bat; Australia should be able to set a target that is well beyond India even if he does not bat.

Chrish

International Debutant
Yeah it would take the mother of all collapses for India to be favoured to chase down a 4th innings target, especially given Finch should bat again tomorrow. You'd need Kohli to produce a GOAT knock for India to win if they're chasing 250+.
Have yet to see this much-talked-about fictional knocks happening for real.. So, I guess this game is done.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Indian bowlers have bowled their heart out (Umesh aside), but without much luck.

Oh well. It was always asking too much from India to win/save a match after losing the toss. As we learned time and again on their tours to SA and England, their batting is simply too weak to get it done while looking at a score.

Australia should cruise to a victory here. Given the strength of their tail India's looking at a target of around 300. I will be shocked if they make it past 200.

Last edited:

slippy888

International Captain
Would not trust this Australia team to defend less than 400, they are still mentally fragile after ball tampering scandal.

howardj

International Coach
I think 250 target will set up a very exciting game

Anything too much north of that will be difficult to chase

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he jags anything like that it will be a crazy start to the series for him. Already sitting on 13 wickets after three digs. For a finger spinner in Australia with one of the tests being in Perth, that's extraordinary.

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
It’s astounding how well Bumrah is doing at test cricket, seeing as he was primarily a LOI bowler previously. It’s incredible that his current test average (24.56) is lower than his first class average (excl. tests) which is 25.34.