• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The ideal test match has a but of juice in the deck on day one, is a great batting deck days 2 and 3 and begins to deteriorate day 4 and by the end of day 5 I'd offering a lot for the spinners.
The ideal test match is different every time. That's what makes it great. I want and expect different conditions at Wanderers compared to Perth compared to Galle. Sometimes I want it to spit and spin wildly on day one. Sometimes I want the fast bowlers to have the the advantage. I never want the batsmen to have the advantage, but I suppose I can live with it from time to time as long as it's not a borefest that's automatically a draw from day one.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This can probably be unstickied, and whth it the dire alpha/beta stuff can be consigned to the scrapheap of forum history too
tbf it was a pretty decent-good tour thread (relative to the other India Australia threads we've had) until after the test cricket was done.

Negative points were excessive gambhiring, *****, alpha/beta, #sensitive, pax indica and *****.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

The ideal test match has a but of juice in the deck on day one, is a great batting deck days 2 and 3 and begins to deteriorate day 4 and by the end of day 5 I'd offering a lot for the spinners.
I wish this thought would die.

Win toss-> Take advantage of juice on day1-> pile on 500 when it flattens out-> spin the other team out on day 4,5. Clearly this doesnt offer any advantage to the team winning the toss, am I right

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The extra juice on day 1 should be roughly the equivalent difficulty as the extra spin and variable bounce is worth at the end of the game.

Choosing to bat when winning the toss shouldn't be a no brainer.

OverratedSanity

The extra juice on day 1 should be roughly the equivalent difficulty as the extra spin and variable bounce is worth at the end of the game.

Choosing to bat when winning the toss shouldn't be a no brainer.
I'm saying the team wins the toss, bowls first, bowls the other team out for 250, piles on 500 when its a road and bowls the other team out again when it starts deteriorating. In theory, the conditions could be in favour of one team on every single day. So how is this pitch "ideal"?

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

tbf it was a pretty decent-good tour thread (relative to the other India Australia threads we've had) until after the test cricket was done.

Negative points were excessive gambhiring, *****, alpha/beta, #sensitive, pax indica and *****.
The gambhiring was pretty much just ***** too

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm saying the team wins the toss, bowls first, bowls the other team out for 250, piles on 500 when its a road and bowls the other team out again when it starts deteriorating. In theory, the conditions could be in favour of one team on every single day. So how is this pitch "ideal"?
Bowls the team out for 350 by lunch on day 2. Make 450 and declare tea on day 3, other team makes 300 all out at stumps day 4, second team are chasing 200 in three sessions.

The extra juice on day 1 should be worth maybe 50-100 runs. The batting first team usually will get to bat at some point in day 2 and often on day 3 as well.

vcs

This script plays out a lot in England and New Zealand. Except that in New Zealand, sometimes the wicket never really breaks up at all.