• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
107 - 8 ATM...

Indians getting out easily.. Eng vs Scoland match later today would be more competitive than this IMO

Precambrian

Banned
What if Mendis had been brought in at the fall of Kohli's wicket? Guess even 75 would've been tough.

MS Dhoni, vacation's over mate, welcome to International cricket. And you are playing in colors.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Get home in time to see our last two fall. Looking at the fall of wickets now and I'm glad I didn't have to sit through this. Almost hoping they don't throw Badrinath in now, just have a feeling he'll get a couple of low scores and be discarded forever if he does play.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can't really say till the other side bats. But where are all those people who were hoarsely screaming for fresh blood in the team?
The thing is.. with those guys in.. u will probably get more consistency in terms of at least 30s and 40s but you will lose a lot in the field...

With these guys, you will get games like this but u will get better fielding displays and stuff.

It is really a no win situation for India, ATM. Having taken the plunge towards youth once again (after the Chappell era), at least this time, we need to give these guys enough rope to succeed... No point in going back to Dravid and Ganguly again and see them run around in the field slowly and let balls slip through.. Plus, this is only for ODIs and T20s and I think, given enough time and proper grooming and the right attitude, this team will go on to be a good one for our country.

Now is not the time to chop and change, esp. when the seniors themselves were worked out by M & M in the test series...

Sachin should, and will (after his injury layoff), come in but that is about the only change I will recommend as far as seniors go.....

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Get home in time to see our last two fall. Looking at the fall of wickets now and I'm glad I didn't have to sit through this. Almost hoping they don't throw Badrinath in now, just have a feeling he'll get a couple of low scores and be discarded forever if he does play.
The way some people talk about the selectors it wouldn't surprise me if they paid someone to run him out!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its amazing what ypur mind can do. Mendis bowled mostly straight, the ball following through in the angle of the line of delivery, often wide of the crease on either side and yet Indian batsmen struggled and played a completely different line, imagining a movement on the ball that wasn't there.

No one, no one at all, tried to play the line of pitching (in case they had no clue where it was turning if at all) with the front leg close to the bat. They just put the bat many inches outside or many inches inside the line of the ball and looked so very inept on a day when he didn't get any great turn on a consistent basis.

masterblaster

International Captain
Bloody hell, what a pathetic performance by India with the bat. I still don't know what the selectors were thinking when they picked Virat Kohli of all people in this Indian squad. Kohli is as underdone any player can be. Give him a few years in FC cricket first.

This is what you get when you don't pick Badrinath. :@

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody hell, what a pathetic performance by India with the bat. I still don't know what the selectors were thinking when they picked Virat Kohli of all people in this Indian squad. Kohli is as underdone any player can be. Give him a few years in FC cricket first.

I think they wanted an opener as a backup for injuries to one of the only two other openers in the squad. I am not saying he is a great player but just that he opens and Badrinath doesn't

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin should, and will (after his injury layoff), come in but that is about the only change I will recommend as far as seniors go.....
In Tests ? So You don't want VVS, Kumble and perhaps Ganguly in teh test team ?

Because in ODIs, Kumble, Dravid, VVS and Ganguly haven't really been playing anyway.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And I do hope Badrinath has a great debut when he does play but for God sake, dont build up the kid like that.

He is just a youngster who plays pretty well - he is not God - not yet though in India who knows, we could do with a few more hundred of them :)

masterblaster

International Captain
And I do hope Badrinath has a great debut when he does play but for God sake, dont build up the kid like that.

He is just a youngster who plays pretty well - he is not God - not yet though in India who knows, we could do with a few more hundred of them :)
He is not God SJS I know :)

He's just a hardworking guy who's paid his dues for many, many years and really deserves his shot in International Cricket. Putting a 19 year old up against Muralitharan, Vaas and Mendis is not a good idea.

masterblaster

International Captain
I think they wanted an opener as a backup for injuries to one of the only two other openers in the squad. I am not saying he is a great player but just that he opens and Badrinath doesn't
If you wanted an opener from Delhi who is capable in ODI's, Shikhar Dhawan would've been a much wiser choice.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Admittedly they've been helped by India batting poorly today, but Sri Lanka really are a complete side at the moment aren't they? Quite an imposing opponent. Glad we don't have to tour there or host them for a while.