• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Teja.

Global Moderator
Will go now and start studying. Will try finishing as much as I can before the Ashes begins again, then write the exam and come home just in time for Ind-SA. :p

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If there is variable bounce in the fourth innings, we're ****ed. Tsotsobe and Morkel will destroy us.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
If there is variable bounce in the fourth innings, we're ****ed. Tsotsobe and Morkel will destroy us.
Some luck + Dire field placings is all that needed for a game to drift away tbh. And won't back Harris & Lopsy (wacs) to bowl well in the 2nd innings itbt.

Blaze 18

Banned
The best day of test cricket that I have watched in a long time. The spell Dale Steyn bowled today was just <insert superlative>; the dude is just a freak. At this stage, South Africa are perhaps a touch ahead - fifty for two on a pitch that seems to be rapidly deteriorating is not a bad position to be in. Harbhajan Singh will have to bowl the spell of his life, keep South Africa down to two hundred and fifty, and hope for the best. I would be very surprised if India go down without a fight though; South Africa will have to be at their absolute best to win this.

Blaze 18

Banned
Yep!!

They showed 6/7 bottles lying around.
Oh right - I did see the bottles, but I wasn't sure. Disappointing stuff, really. I dislike Sreesanth for his behaviour and over the top "aggression" at times, but this kind of thing shouldn't happen; there is no place for it in cricket.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
So glad I finally managed the complete double-header of the Ashes test followed by this on my last chance to, absolutely awesome day's play. Superlative innings from Sachin, even more superlative bowling by Steyn, and lots of twists and turns culminating with Harbhajan's intervention late in the day. I reckon if I forced some of my cricket-hating friends (which is, er, basically all of them) to watch the day's action, I could convert at least a couple, it was that good.

While Steyn's delivery to Pujara was extraordinarily good, I actually reckon the one to Harbhajan shortly afterwards was probably even better; it was a remarkable slice of luck on Harby's part to survive, and his counter-attack after that could well be crucial in the final outcome.

It'll be a gripping next couple of days, shame I'll miss nearly all of it. :(

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah but if he can't field for the entire length of an innings, and yet come into bat as he pleases, something somewhere is wrong. But the law is always an ass as they say :p
I don't see anything wrong with the law. It doesn't make sense to punish the injured player and his team for having the misfortune of getting injured.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Laxman will win/draw this match for India, mark my words. Whatever happens, we aren't going to lose. Sure of that.:cool:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Ooo no plastic bottles on the floor near me, the crowd are bullies ooo...

...****ing get over yourself Sreesanth. Pathetic ****.

Must have been horribly embarrassing to go back there. Serves him right.
Really a dire post. We have had games stopped when things get thrown at a player. Sreesanth might well be a ****, but the behavior of the Saffers and the crowd towards him is ********.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Really a dire post. We have had games stopped when things get thrown at a player. Sreesanth might well be a ****, but the behavior of the Saffers and the crowd towards him is ********.
The quarter final of the 1996 world cup was cancelled for something like this. Maybe they should have thrown grenades, then it would have been serious.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This test match is looking good. Will be a cracker. If India pull it off, then it'll be a real shot in the arm for them, imo.

Woodster

International Captain
It is bubbling up into a cracker at Cape Town. Dale Steyn was largely outstanding today from his opening burst to Tendulkar with the old ball, then his spell with the new ball was verging on unplayable. Poor Pujara didn't stand a chance with his delivery, my initial concern, was whether it pitched outside leg, that's how far it swung, because it was crashing into middle.

Whenever Steyn bowled to Tendulkar, it was captivating stuff. The Indian may have played and missed more times than he has before, but that doesn't mean you have to lose your wicket. He showed true battling qualities, and extreme skill in coping against some excellent bowling from SA.

A truly immense innings from Tendulkar. The main men have so far stood up in this vital game - Kallis, Tendulkar and Steyn. Let's hope tomorrow provides us with another day of top class cricket.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
This series bar the first test of course has been of very high quality. A 5 test series would have been a cracker, but 3 test series is what I can handle. Any more of this and I will be sleeping at work.

Woodster

International Captain
This series bar the first test of course has been of very high quality. A 5 test series would have been a cracker, but 3 test series is what I can handle. Any more of this and I will be sleeping at work.
Yes real shame it's only a three Test series between number one and number two in the world. Good work ICC.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Loss of Smith was a huge blow as he is capable of scoring tough runs but at a quick rate. Definitely India are favourites at the moment.

Big opportunity for Virus though he looks like a walking wicket against Bhaji - block, block, block, block, top edge slog sweep, block, block, block.

Given the Sehwag factor, don’t think South Africa will feel safe with anything under 300. Doubt they will get that mind.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say India would feel pretty good about chasing anything around 200-230ish. Anything more than that and it's gonna be tough. All of our batsmen would need to apply themselves to pull a 5th day run chase off.

Of course all this is assuming we get the rest of SA's wickets for 170 odd runs.