• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Flem274*

123/5
I knew NZ racking up several million in India against this lot was too good to be true.:(

Though in true NZ style we saw off Zaheer and capitulated when he missed the last test through injury.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I came.

Kallis, WAFG. Most under-appreciated player in world cricket. For one reason or another he's always held a rung below some of the greats of this generation. Actually, scrap that, for no reason at all.
Incredible player.

Came against the #1 Test side as well :ph34r:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Expecting the game to be over by tea tomorrow. They will come back strong in the next game.
well for that to happen the indian batsmen need to put up a good show, because if they dont they will essentially be in the same position they were at the start of this match with regards to assimilation to conditions.

fezzie

Cricket Spectator
Kallis, WAFG. Say what you will about the speed with which scores his runs, he's been an absolutely monumental player in bringing South Africa into contention for the number one position, and his record speaks for himself and IMO will his reputation only increase over time. So, so glad to see him finally get that monkey off his back and bring up the double hundred. Here's hoping he's got some more big scores in him before he calls it a day.

true, haters who keep bringing up strike rate need to realise that in his early years Kallis had to score runs for SA as a no 3 in a line up where the mid order used to collapse easily. apart from cullinan SAs middle order were pretty ordinary, thats one of the main reasons y kallis strike rate was low then.

over the past few years, with AB and Amla in the side, Kallis can afford to play more shots as the scorecard doesnt always depend on his wicket. thats why his strike rate has gotten better recently.

Kallis is the man, been a joy to watch since his debut and will be loving it when he overtakes pontings records.

anyways, was great to see AB so pleased for Kallis. as ab idolises kallis, who has been so influential in improving his batting over the years.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't want rain or clouds unless it is going to rain all the way out.

Overcast conditions or a damp wicket are the only things that makes batting tough on this wicket.

King Pietersen

International Captain
No it was Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka actually. Probably should look up your records properly mate.
Think you might have missed the 'Non-Subcontinental' there, unless you don't consider Sri Lanka subcontinental, which I certainly do. Other than them, Australia are the only non-subcontinental top side India have played away from home, and they lost to them.

Don't wanna be bowling there Morne. Short and wide to Sehwag is asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Uhh read your post again. I said they haven't lost in 24 months. You said who and where was the last time they lost, and then said Australia. That was wrong. It was Sri Lanka. You were trying to make a point that the last time they lost a series was outside of the subcontinent, when it wasn't.

Anyway, last time they were in England they won. Last time they were in West Indies they won. Last time they were in New Zealand they won. Last time they were in Australia they lost 2-1 with Sydney-gate being one of those losses.

It's South Africa where they struggle, and South Africa alone.

taipan1

U19 12th Man
Uhh read your post again. I said they haven't lost in 24 months. You said who and where was the last time they lost, and then said Australia. That was wrong. It was Sri Lanka. You were trying to make a point that the last time they lost a series was outside of the subcontinent, when it wasn't.

Anyway, last time they were in England they won. Last time they were in West Indies they won. Last time they were in New Zealand they won. Last time they were in Australia they lost 2-1 with Sydney-gate being one of those losses.

It's South Africa where they struggle, and South Africa alone.
India haven't been in England for some time.

And I can't remember them winning a series in Aus

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I knew NZ racking up several million in India against this lot was too good to be true.:(

Though in true NZ style we saw off Zaheer and capitulated when he missed the last test through injury.
I don't understand. Are you saying NZ drawing two matches on (admittedly flat) Indian pitches against Harbhajan/Ojha/Zaheer wasn't a praiseworthy effort because India have been horrible here? The two things have nothing to do with each other.