• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Terrific series of cricket, this. India marginal favourites at this point, but that could all turn around in the blink of an eye tomorrow morning. And the last time I said I had no confidence in South Africa chasing down a tricky 4th innings target against this India attack, they proved me wrong...
Yeah it's hanging in fine balance. Tomorrow is a huge day for those of us who have been waiting for India to win a test series in every test playing nation; SA is the last frontier.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well bowled bumrah and co! the lead is trivial so unless we do something spectacular with the bat in the 2nd knock, this is still south africa's game to lose...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
This Indian unit would be a decent side if their quicks were any bloody good.
And how far in front would they now be if the South African batting lineup was bad? We had some serious posts stating that not only was this batting lineup good, but they had the measure of the Indian bowling attack. Bumrah was a bottle job apparently and some other nonsense because Elgar played a great knock.

Kirkut

International Regular
Bumrah's spell was such high quality, especially yesterday when he bowled 4 maidens and got Elgar out. Seriously we are privileged to have a bowler as good as him.

He's identical to Shoaib Akhtar in some ways, on a bad day he would leak runs and go wicketless, otherwise would bowl unplayable spells.

Kirkut

International Regular
jansen looks like an absolute nightmare to face. ridiculously tall fast bowlers always look especially difficult to handle, should be banned tbh. go play basketball, marco!
Resembles a skinny teenager but has the guts to give Bumrah and Kohli a stare. Hope he becomes the Brett Schultz that South Africa always wanted.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah's spell was such high quality, especially yesterday when he bowled 4 maidens and got Elgar out. Seriously we are privileged to have a bowler as good as him.

He's identical to Shoaib Akhtar in some ways, on a bad day he would leak runs and go wicketless, otherwise would bowl unplayable spells.
There's a South African bowler who was like this, Makhaya Ntini

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
As terrible as it was, not his job. Horrible collapse by even a fragile batting line up. Outside Petersen the top 6 where horrendous.
Tell that to pollock, boucher,klusner etc who saved us plenty times even Richardson at 7,8,9 over the years, we should of played another batsmen at 7 and not picked maharaj this may not even go into a 5th day , last time with otis gibson as coach we kicked ass with our fast bowlers, we need an extra batsmen as they are either raw or sucking most of our top 6.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
how can it be a draw if SA chase 220-250?
they can't bat for 2 days and not score the runs, there's no bad weather in sight.
I typed that close to the final session, or during the final session of day 3 (didn't get to complete my reply). India will likely look to bat as much of day 4 as possible, at most SA will have a day and a bit.

Just enough for @cricketsavant ! Hope he is satisfied with the performance.
Yes, very much. The lines and lengths improved dramatically. The same could not be said for SA giving away 13 extras by the time India reached 53-2...I didn't watch much more beyond that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, very much. The lines and lengths improved dramatically
Dramatically compared to when? India was bowling very well from the start. That SA stitched a partnership or two was because they batted well and also were lucky not to nick or to have their nicks fall nicks several times.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I typed that close to the final session, or during the final session of day 3 (didn't get to complete my reply). India will likely look to bat as much of day 4 as possible, at most SA will have a day and a bit.

Yes, very much. The lines and lengths improved dramatically. The same could not be said for SA giving away 13 extras by the time India reached 53-2...I didn't watch much more beyond that.
day 2

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Bumrah is awesome. Best Indian quick ever. Hopefully injuries stay away so he can cement that accolade statistically and not just using the eye test. If he plays enough tests he'll go down as an ATG not just for India but from anywhere.