• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The SA commentators are saying they'd be happy to chase 220? Really? That's interesting. I thought anything above 200 would start to get difficult.
Talking nonsense. South Africa just about got over 200 first dig and they couldn’t get 200 at Centurion. Anything over 150 will be very difficult for this batting lineup. Had a real chance to take the game when they were 160 odd for 4 but Bavuma just can’t go to that next level and the lower order is what it is.
South African bowlers have been ordinary in the second innings but neither attack is getting much rest. Good first session for India tomorrow and they will win this big.

Bahseph

State Captain
Entertaining Test match but you just can't see SA chasing anything close to 200. Ultimately handicapped themselves at the start of the Test by playing Jansen(who has been great to be fair) at 7.

I watched a fair few Rabada spells and it seems to me like he is getting wickets because he bowls a high percentage of wicket taking balls instead of spells of sustained pressure. He will always take wickets, but at his best he was more menacing than this.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
All Pujara needed was #intent to turn his game around

Maybe he'll have a second coming and become an aggressive batsman
Bit of truth in that. Sparse pickings considering his form but he's freed himself up mentally everytime he's been more assertive in recent memory. His slump is almost like a writer's block; you start questioning your processes, become overly self-critical, and before long you find you've become scared of putting pen to paper.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of truth in that. Sparse pickings considering his form but he's freed himself up mentally everytime he's been more assertive in recent memory. His slump is almost like a writer's block; you start questioning your processes, become overly self-critical, and before long you find you've become scared of putting pen to paper.
I actually thought him ‘playing’ the IPL instead of CC would have had this effect but it clearly didn’t.

I would want nothing more for this team than for him to turn a corner, but there’s no cheatcode in test cricket - couple of dismissals being aggressive could well see the return of the dead bat.

Really happy to see him score last night nonetheless.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Talking nonsense. South Africa just about got over 200 first dig and they couldn’t get 200 at Centurion. Anything over 150 will be very difficult for this batting lineup. Had a real chance to take the game when they were 160 odd for 4 but Bavuma just can’t go to that next level and the lower order is what it is.
South African bowlers have been ordinary in the second innings but neither attack is getting much rest. Good first session for India tomorrow and they will win this big.
Yeah, I was shocked they were saying that. I tend to be pretty pessimistic even I thought that was odd. 220 is chasable sure, but being happy to chase 220 is rough with how this game has gone and with the pitch doing a little something.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
we are just 58 ahead with two in-form batsmen out already, two very out of touch players at the crease and an extremely brittle batting lineup to follow...let's first get the lead to a 100, then see if we can manage to get it to 150 and so on...all talk of a 200+ lead is very premature at this point...

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I made a thread a couple of years ago about how it seems to be much harder for fast bowlers to pick up seven-fors these days. Needless to say, Thakur was not on my list of bowlers likely to take one.

Starfighter

BTW, does anyone know any highlights that aren't geo-blocked in Australia? SA matches always seem to be absolutely impossible to get.

Starfighter

Uh official or what? YT has Cricket South Africa, and some unofficial ones if you search for it (as in first few suggestions).
CSA doesn't load them until ages after the day - most of the first test ones were uploaded yesterday. Much harder with the unofficial ones since they removed the dislike bar.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Entertaining Test match but you just can't see SA chasing anything close to 200. Ultimately handicapped themselves at the start of the Test by playing Jansen(who has been great to be fair) at 7.

I watched a fair few Rabada spells and it seems to me like he is getting wickets because he bowls a high percentage of wicket taking balls instead of spells of sustained pressure. He will always take wickets, but at his best he was more menacing than this.
Has had a lot of cheap tailend wickets this series so far. Ngidi, Jansen have been comfortably better and I think Olivier was better in the first innings too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

They were all prepared for second innings Shami, second innings Pujara came out of syllabus.

/youknowthememe

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ON the subject of the wonky hawkeye, I feel even Vereynne yesterday seemed to be wonky. That looked umpire's call on legstump at best but it showed to be hitting.

Also, I think others noticed the 15 second countdown going out in like 10 for one of the reviews we did not take ultimately. Very very iffy coverage by the TV station, it has to be said.

And both the Pant catch to dismiss RvD and the Markram catch to dismiss Rahul were clean. I can see why batsmen would stay their ground for those but no way were they going to be overturned. And IMO, right decision was reached on both.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Kyle Verreynne has strong FC stats and I liked how he was applying himself yesterday, dealt with some quality pace bowling with a calm head. de Kock's retirement might be a blessing in disguise.