• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have heard really good things about Che's 50-over capabilities as well. I would much rather have him than Yuvraj in the side. Perfect number 4 for India in the ODIs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only possible mitigation for this SA attack bar the Morkel injury is that the pitch is atypically flat for SA. Indian bowlers perhaps with a bit of cloud cover did bowl well though.
Please watch the game. Even Kallis was getting some serious movement whenever he hit the cracks.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though there's only a few overs left they still don't forget to put the bad balls away. Been a pleasure to watch the two of them bat today. Looking forward to tommorow

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yo Briony. Remember a certain SAF side beating the Australians back in the mid-90s. That wasn't anything special either, right? I mean, the Australians got beat all the time, so you know... :dry:
Still waiting for the reply Briony...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well today couldn't have gone much better for India. Aim to declare at tea tomorrow? Or maybe middle of the afternoon session.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
This match is getting boring since the time Morkel got injured:dry: India is doing really well, but I hope it doesn't end up as a one sided game.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well that was just a disaster from South Africa's perspective!!..well done to the two indian batsmen but one gets the feeling the track isn't that hard to bowl on and with Morkel injured it's totally messed up Sa's mindset here!!..India have a good chance of winning but SA was also in this position in Australia recently and managed to draw the game. India's attack isn't a proven one despite their heroics in the first innings...because lets be fair..

Khan= what is he 34 now? also suffered with a lot of injuries

Sharma= we all know what he's about..one good spell and then rubbish for a while

Shami= still inexperienced at this level and struggles against left-handers imo

Ashwin= we'll see what the 5th day offers him but he's done nothing outside India thus far

It's all up to the SA batters...if they are smart they will look to see off Khan and Sharma and then make hay against Shami and Ashwin!!

Furtermore seeing Tahir bowl is just tragic!!..the guy is just not good enough imo despite the odd good spell he's had...and it's been his poor bowling in this entire test that's allowed India to set a good tempo. Not to metion tha dropped catch off Pujara!!..wow that was shocking.

In closing i also have to say the indian openers look very poor to me!!..and long term i will hurt them if they don't address that position.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that, but the overall contest, it was heading towards a close match and now it might just end up as a one sided game.
No its not. Pitch has improved a good deal. If it doesn't break up too much tomorrow it could be interesting. We're overwhelming favorites but I have no idea how you can call this test disappointing. One of the best test matches in a long time imo. It's been of consistently very high quality, bar Tahir