• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Jono said:
I too got sucked in into Zaheer's domestic form, because it was so good. I definitely wanted Zaheer in over Agarkar in the 1st test against Pakistan, and when AA was dropped for Zaheer in the 2nd I thought it was the right move. Now I think they both need to go from the test team. For the upcoming series against England, Kumble, Harbhjan, Pathan and RP Singh should be the right way to go, with Zaheer and AA out of the picture. The other young and up coming fast bowlers can also compete for spots.
I agree with that quote, heck in the 5th ODI of this series i think both AA and Zaheer should be rested.

In ODIs, AA is decent so I'm not totally for his axing but I'm pretty sure Zaheer should go. He's definitely far far lower in the pecking order now.
Well sorry Jono, AA has gotten one too many chances and he still doesn;t get it right, he was the only bowler going at over 5 and over and seemed to be relieving pressure of the Pakistani batsmen.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
yohanna said:
I wouldn't like to take anything away from indian bowlers, but i must say that Pakistani batsmen gifted their wkts.The bowling wasn't extraordinary, and if they continue to play like this, then we might see a below 100 runs total when Pak play matches in England
:@

Actually Indian fielding has to be commended not only did they stop runs but they took catches, Irfan's catch of Malik and Dravid's catch of Butt were stand out. The captain leading by example diving to left to snap Butt.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
irfan said:
Don't know why you keep backing him Jono, his form has been woeful of late. Needs to pick his act up soon.......:dry:

Kaif is a terrific batsmen who can bat at run a ball rate and more than his batting his fielding compensates a lot, even if he scores a duck in the field he can at any given time save a 20, that adds a lot to the team. Just because he is going through a lean patch doesn't mean he has to be jettisoned. I think he should be promoted up the order for the next match, to 3 and let him get some batting time before the Eng series. I think he, Raina and Powar (just to see what this guy can provide both as a batsmen) need to be promoted for the last game, resting AA and Karthik (possibly forever from the team ;). You know i might even be inclined to use SRT as the super sub for this game ;)

danish

U19 12th Man
kvemuri said:
Kaif is a terrific batsmen who can bat at run a ball rate and more than his batting his fielding compensates a lot, even if he scores a duck in the field he can at any given time save a 20, that adds a lot to the team. Just because he is going through a lean patch doesn't mean he has to be jettisoned. I think he should be promoted up the order for the next match, to 3 and let him get some batting time before the Eng series. I think he, Raina and Powar (just to see what this guy can provide both as a batsmen) need to be promoted for the last game, resting AA and Karthik (possibly forever from the team ;). You know i might even be inclined to use SRT as the super sub for this game ;)
SRT??? The Pakistani batsmen made him look as threatening and consistent with the ball as Glenn McGrath! Besides, you can't put a legend on the sidelines while the rest of the team field, he's good for morale and team spirit.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Palvashay said:
LOL! come on sister, there is no comparision on head to head games, we are still light years away in equalling THAT tally. 36 - 63 or something like that, more than that a miserable 19-3 record from 1985 (thank you Chetan Sharma) to 1991.

wahindiawah

Banned
danish said:
That's the attitude that most people living outside the subcontinent share, but in the subcontinent, ODIs are the 'real' thing as you probably know. The only reason that I wanted Pakistan to win the ODI series more than the test series is that winning the ODI series would cement Pakistan's place at number 2 in the ODI championship. .
Rubbish, Test cricket is the real thing.

danish

U19 12th Man
wahindiawah said:
Rubbish, Test cricket is the real thing.
Which explains why, this series aside, test matches in Pakistan almost always have 1/10 full grounds whereas ODI matches are almost always sold out.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
danish said:
SRT??? The Pakistani batsmen made him look as threatening and consistent with the ball as Glenn McGrath! Besides, you can't put a legend on the sidelines while the rest of the team field, he's good for morale and team spirit.

true but the 5th game of an already decided series, might as well give the un-tested players a chance, in fact my batting order for that game is as radical as it can be

Gambhir, Pathan, Kaif, Raina, Powar, Dhoni, Yuvi, Dravid, Zaheer, RP and Sreesanth with
SRT (Super Sub). (Now don't throw bricks at me LOL!)

This will give Gambhir and Kaif to show some form. Powar and Raina to show their complete potential, Raina has shown his potential but he needs more chances at the top order and i think this game might be a perfect launching pad for him.

wahindiawah

Banned
danish said:
Which explains why, this series aside, test matches in Pakistan almost always have 1/10 full grounds whereas ODI matches are almost always sold out.
PPl usually don't have time for a 5 day match, and most of the ppl that go to see OD match are not serious cricket fans, probably they want to see fireworks from the likes of Afridi,Sehwag and Dhoni, and as soon as their fav player gets out those fans disappear!

Test cricket will retain its charm and importance, India did win the OD series, but its important for Indian team to remember that they lost the all important Test series(which i really think they should have won it)

danish

U19 12th Man
wahindiawah said:
PPl usually don't have time for a 5 day match, and most of the ppl that go to see OD match are not serious cricket fans, probably they want to see fireworks from the likes of Afridi,Sehwag and Dhoni, and as soon as their fav player gets out those fans disappear!

Test cricket will retain its charm and importance, India did win the OD series, but its important for Indian team to remember that they lost the all important Test series(which i really think they should have won it)
I suppose what your saying is true, but you can tell when there is a lack of interest when the authorities start giving out free tickets and the grounds still don't exceed half their capacity.

wahindiawah

Banned
danish said:
I suppose what your saying is true, but you can tell when there is a lack of interest when the authorities start giving out free tickets and the grounds still don't exceed half their capacity.
Now here there is a difference b/w India and Pak, in India stadium are usually occupied in test matches, while in Pakistan they are hardly ever full even in OD match!!!

Somehow ppl in Pak like to watch cricket on TV rather than watching it in the stadium

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
Pakistan really suxs!! Even though i like to see them being beaten by India each and every time, i also wanted some good total to be chased. 161 is not a good total, and as such there won't be much fire works by the batsmen.

Pakistan certainly knows how to play extremely poor cricket.

Losers!
So, about the Test series then...

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Congrats to all cricketweb members on India's fantastic win:)

Its unfortunate that India lost the test series as i think they were the better side, but just couldn't perform well in one test match and lost it, otherwise they dominated the series.I wish it was a 5 match series, had that been the case then we would have seen a different result.

Anyway, i think in OD India are a very strong team, certainly much superior to Pakistan, and probably the second best team in the world after Australia.

So i think in the 2007 WC , the final match will again be between India and Australia, hope the indian young guns outguns the Australian this time around.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
Would you stop being a dictator??? As long as i'm not using offensive words, there is no need to attack me hysterically. I don't need to know as to what to say and what not to say from you.

And if you have actually watched the match ( i doubt it) then you would have known by now that Pak batsmen played extremely poor shots, and it wasn't a case of being blown away by unplayable bowling. I actually used very mild language for them, just wait till you get to read the Pakistani newspaper to realise what is being said about them.
So the INdian bowling was rubbish then...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
Maybe the talk about Pakistan challenging Australia during the World Cup was premature? Maybe it wasn't and Pakistan are ready and have just hit a minor road block?
I bet they'd rather have the injuries now than in 13 months or so time.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
The CRUCIAL wicket.

Is there no end to the man's talent?!

One good ball in his entire spell going at 5. To be honest, he is talented, a man who can hit 100 at Lords ( i am not sure of the venue) is definitely talented but come on his consistency is (especially for the experience he carries) is..words can't define it. Time for India to look at someone else and time for AA to leave the scene.

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
marc71178 said:
So, about the Test series then...

A very fortunate victory against a tired side.

Anyway if pak is serious about qualifying for super six in next WC then they should follow Indian example and bring in some youngsters in their team. Guys like Akhtar,rana , Gul (is he ever fit??) and so are not going to last for long, Pak should make their bench strength strong, which in Pak case hardly exists.

danish

U19 12th Man
jaspalsinghrana said:
Anyway, i think in OD India are a very strong team, certainly much superior to Pakistan, and probably the second best team in the world after Australia.
Which explains precisely why they are 5th the the ICC ODI rankings...