• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

yohanna

Banned
Jono said:
A team that still needs to be groomed.

Maybe the talk about Pakistan challenging Australia during the World Cup was premature? Maybe it wasn't and Pakistan are ready and have just hit a minor road block? That being said, I think you're pointed out exactly the problem with Pakistani currently. They need to adapt more when the bowling is actually of good quality. India's batting in the 3rd ODI is a good example of this, where when the conditions were tough they battled hard and went at around 4-4.5 an over, and then when it eased up, the ball was older and the better bowlers were out of the way/bowling became crap they seized the advantage. Maybe Pakistan will learn this, who knows.
I think first thing that Pak need to do is sort out the batting order (something which should have been done by now). I think its wrong to send Younis Khan at six slot, Inzamam should idealy bat at one down and if thats not possible then he should bat two down.And i also think Akmal shouldn't open the innings and should bat down the order.

Arumpnoo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Applause to Jono. Man there is no shortage of emotional fools on both sides and trust me I have seen it on BBC Cric forum. They shut down the south asian forum because of this crap. So my advise to you, let it go. Most of them you don't see when their teams lose a game and to be honest, what are there contribution to an Indian win? Nothing, yet they celebrate at a single win as if they have in person won the world cup. LOL. Anyways, to talk to an ignorant is like rewarding him for his ignorance. Cricket is just a game, some you win and some you lose. India played better in the odi series and deserve to win, Congras to you.
Coming to Pakistani cricket, PCB is years behind than many cricketing boards but they are coming around. They will be doing a good job by getting more green fields to make Pakistani fielders dive on the ground and also by acquiring technical support for building good cricketing pitches. They have took a decision on this and it is heartning to know that. Pakistan has a good talent pool and I am sure they will learn a lot from this series. These Green Mean Machines have come a long way in the last year or so and I am sure they will go further ahead in the future. Once again, Congras to India.

Palvashay

Cricket Spectator
Sth which Nasser Hussain said earlier made alot of sense...Shoaib Akhtar's and Shahid Afridi's absence has both a pyschological and tangible effect on the peformance of the team...Afridi's bowling provides a variant to the bowling line up and obviously Akhtar has the star-power to enthuse and infuse a sense of fighting spirit in the team...No idea what to do with Rana though...He's normally an avid wicket-taker however he's been so expensive this series...His economy rate was around 9 the last match...Simply unacceptable...

nehrafan

Banned
Congrats to all cricket lovers on India's great series win, hopefully India will win the last match as well and win the series by 4-1 margin.

I think as the series progressed, the difference b/w Indian and Pak team became wider and in the current match Pak is proving to be no match to India.In all three department of the game, India have outperformed Pakistan.

Also i think India has a better captain in Dravid, and also a better coach in Chappel.

Pakistan is history now, england will be India's next target:)

nehrafan

Banned
Palvashay said:
Sth which Nasser Hussain said earlier made alot of sense...Shoaib Akhtar's and Shahid Afridi's absence has both a pyschological and tangible effect on the peformance of the team...Afridi's bowling provides a variant to the bowling line up and obviously Akhtar has the star-power to enthuse and infuse a sense of fighting spirit in the team...No idea what to do with Rana though...He's normally an avid wicket-taker however he's been so expensive this series...His economy rate was around 9 the last match...Simply unacceptable...

But India is also without Veeru, the absence of one man shouldn't effect a team that much

Arumpnoo

Palvashay said:
I think he is going through some confidence problems and I am personally going to send him one year supply of propecia, may be that will help. :laugh: Just joking.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nehrafan said:
But India is also without Veeru, the absence of one man shouldn't effect a team that much
He's not making an excuse, but rather saying the psychological effect it may have had is crucial, and is a weakness in the Pakistani team. He's not using it as an excuse, but rather a form of criticism.

Anyway man my boy Kaif is in shocking form. Sad to see. :(

Palvashay

Cricket Spectator
nehrafan said:
Afridi and Akhtar...I mentioned it has both a pyschological and tangible effect...These are star players and have delivered stellar peformances in the past...Apart from the notable absence which is felt by the team...Having them also is reassuring mentally...At the end of the day the captain's frame of mind has alot to do with winning or losing...Like Imran mentioned on TV that Dravid seemed exuberant and confident...Inzimam on the other hand seemed dejected...And it showed in today's match...The effect of both players not being present is great and to deem it negligible is slightly ill-informed...

Palvashay

Cricket Spectator
Jono said:
He's not making an excuse, but rather saying the psychological effect it may have had is crucial, and is a weakness in the Pakistani team. He's not using it as an excuse, but rather a form of criticism

Aww Jono, =D Im a girl. LOL

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol apologies. "She's" not making any excuses ;)

Anyway good knock from Dravid here, and good to see Pakistani making as much a fight of this as they can. They've scalped 4 wickets and getting Sachin early for a duck will at least give them some confidence heading into the 5th ODI and in the future series they play.

irfan

State Captain
Jono said:
He's not making an excuse, but rather saying the psychological effect it may have had is crucial, and is a weakness in the Pakistani team. He's not using it as an excuse, but rather a form of criticism.

Don't know why you keep backing him Jono, his form has been woeful of late. Needs to pick his act up soon.......:dry:

Arumpnoo

Palvashay said:
Afridi and Akhtar...I mentioned it has both a pyschological and tangible effect...These are star players and have delivered stellar peformances in the past...Apart from the notable absence which is felt by the team...Having them also is reassuring mentally...At the end of the day the captain's frame of mind has alot to do with winning or losing...Like Imran mentioned on TV that Dravid seemed exuberant and confident...Inzimam on the other hand seemed dejected...And it showed in today's match...The effect of both players not being present is great and to deem it negligible is slightly ill-informed...
The whole Pakistani team looked dejected today. I guess the pressure of playing in the home-ground and to save the series finally showed today.

Palvashay

Cricket Spectator
Had these wickets been taken early on, and had Dravid and Yuvraj not had had a chance to lay a foundation...The match might have tilted in our favour...No point in these wickets now, unless a couple of more drop in quick succession...Seems like Rana wants India to win =) WHY IS HE SO EXPENSIVE???

danish

U19 12th Man
Palvashay said:
Had these wickets been taken early on, and had Dravid and Yuvraj not had had a chance to lay a foundation...The match might have tilted in our favour...No point in these wickets now, unless a couple of more drop in quick succession...Seems like Rana wants India to win =) WHY IS HE SO EXPENSIVE???[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's pathetic the way he's bowling and the way that Inzamam keeps persisting on bowling him. Before he got out, Yuvraj was hitting boundaries at will, and Dravid is continuing to. As I write Dravid is out.

Palvashay

Cricket Spectator
Arumpnoo said:
The whole Pakistani team looked dejected today. I guess the pressure of playing in the home-ground and to save the series finally showed today.
I know...Couldn't agree more.
HE FINALLY GETS OUT =D
Even though I love Dravid, he knocked 59 and he know's India's winning anyway...He can afford to leave...
Not bad for Sami...Picked up 3 wickets.

Arumpnoo

I think that PCB should employ either Waqar or Wasem as bowling coach. I can't understand why the heck they are wasting these two greats? Ok now sami strikes again, Dravid gone but not to worry as long as Rana is their for Indians. We should ask him to get his match fee from BCCI for this series.

Palvashay

Cricket Spectator
I agree, it's pathetic the way he's bowling and the way that Inzamam keeps persisting on bowling him. Before he got out, Yuvraj was hitting boundaries at will, and Dravid is continuing to. As I write Dravid is out.

But you know sth...He played well enough before...I don't know why he's playing so idiotically...Hes bowling short and throwing runs...And Inzi should really stop playing him continuously...In such a situation, it increases pressure also...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
irfan said:
Don't know why you keep backing him Jono, his form has been woeful of late. Needs to pick his act up soon.......:dry:
Well if you look at the way he was batting in mid-2005 whilst everyone else was sucking and Tendulkar was missing you'd see why I thought he was finally going to meet his potential. He's been pushed around in the test scene, coming in and out at various points in time and this has heavily affected him. I'm fairly confident he will get his act together soon, I mean he batted beautifully in the Ranji Trophy final. Hopefully he does better in the 5th ODI and against England. Raina and Gambhir are pushing and putting pressure on him so he does need runs, no doubt about it.

I still reckon he should bat 3 or 4, but his position didn't cost him anything in this match.

danish

U19 12th Man
Its a real kick in the groin when Pakistan are in such a bad position and ARY Digital decides to show those infuriately bad adverts.