• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whoever says India were unlucky to lose the test series are kidding themselves, BUT it is not like India were dominated during that series either. The first test was a joke, plain and simple and the 2nd was as close to a joke as possible, and India were still in trouble in that test and managed to get out of it thanks to Dhoni and Pathan. The last 3 test series they have lost, this was hardly the worst of them. There was NZ in 2002/03 (2-0), Australia in 2004/05 (2-1) and then Pakistan this year (1-0). It wasn't a shocking loss, it was just a test match in the end. Terrific win for Pakistan, disappointing for India, but that's that and we move on.

There's no way this tour can be seen as a success all together, no doubt about that. But for the ever improving ODI team that was in tatters only 8-12 months ago, it has been great.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This Indian ODI outfit is very impressive, with Pathan getting his act together along with the talented R.P Singh and Yuvraj in sublime form they are a very tough team to beat.

And the DHONII factor

mayadevi

Banned
I think team India is right up there with Australia.After annihilating Pakistan on their own home ground team India has proved that they are the best in the world and they are a force to reckon with.

I personally think that Australia would struggle against Indian OD team.Team India has younger and more talented boys, and i think this time around India will beat Australia in WC finals:)

cricketboy29

International Regular
mayadevi said:
I think team India is right up there with Australia.After annihilating Pakistan on their own home ground team India has proved that they are the best in the world and they are a force to reckon with.

I personally think that Australia would struggle against Indian OD team.Team India has younger and more talented boys, and i think this time around India will beat Australia in WC finals:)

You think so...,huh?, Would you please explain how beating pakistan at home, makes india the best in the world?. Just because we won a odi series does not mean that we ve suddenly become the best in the world. To say that, would be a gross misconception. And, usually when you say best in the world, it usually means both formats unless you actually say which format your talking about. And pakistan just beat us in the test series, and has Xuhaib said, 341 runs is not a very little amount. So I'd refrain from making such absolutely absurd statements in the future, unless you wish to be looked upon as a fool.

mayadevi

Banned
cricketboy29 said:
You think so...,huh?, Would you please explain how beating pakistan at home, makes india the best in the world?. Just because we won a odi series does not mean that we ve suddenly become the best in the world. To say that, would be a gross misconception. And, usually when you say best in the world, it usually means both formats unless you actually say which format your talking about. And pakistan just beat us in the test series, and has Xuhaib said, 341 runs is not a very little amount. So I'd refrain from making such absolutely absurd statements in the future, unless you wish to be looked upon as a fool.
I did said OD ( means One Day 8-) .

Fact is that India has made rapid progress in OD cricket, before this series they destroyed SL and it must be near a world record as it has already successfully chased a target 12 consecutive times!!!

India has a fantastic OD team, say whatever you want but i know that India is the best.

adharcric

International Coach
oh man, being called a "fool" AND a "guy" in consecutive posts. now that's what you call TROLL ABUSE. shame on you guys.

Beleg

International Regular
Congragulations to the Indian team on winning the ODI series. I must say I wasn't expecting them to win so comfortably, but as far as I am concerned they were clearly the better team.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I never thought i would see anyone worse then Vandematram and Nehra fan on this forum but this mayadevi takes the cake.

danish

U19 12th Man
jaspalsinghrana said:
A very fortunate victory against a tired side.

Anyway if pak is serious about qualifying for super six in next WC then they should follow Indian example and bring in some youngsters in their team. Guys like Akhtar,rana , Gul (is he ever fit??) and so are not going to last for long, Pak should make their bench strength strong, which in Pak case hardly exists.
Ages of the full strength ODI teams of Pakistan and India:

Kamran Akmal- 24
Salman Butt- 21
Younis Khan- 28
Mohammad Yousuf- 31
Inzamam ul Haq- 35
Shoaib Malik- 24
Shahid Afridi- 25
Abdul Razzaq- 26
Shoaib Akhtar- 30
Mohammad Asif- 23
Umar Gul- 21

Virender Sehwag- 27
Sachin Tendulkar- 32
Rahul Dravid- 33
Yuvraj Singh- 24
Mohammad Kaif- 25
Mahendra Dhoni- 24
Irfan Pathan- 21
Anil Kumble- 35
Suresh Raina- 19
Rudra Pratap Singh- 20
Shantha Sreesanth- 23

Average age of Pakistani team= 26
Average age of Indian team= 26

Pakistan's bench strength- Faisal Iqbal, Rana Naved ul Hasan, Mohammad Sami, Danish Kaneria, Rao Iftikar, Arshad Khan, Imran Farhat, Yasir Arafat. I think most people who don't live under a bridge agree that this is a very strong bench.

Back your BS up with facts or stay under the bridge and don't post at all.

danish

U19 12th Man
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
they have some bowlers like Shahid Nazeer, Roa Ifti and so but they all are proven failures.

Pak still relies on just one man for wkt, and that man is Shoaib Chucktar!
Are you illiterate or just stupid? How many times must the good people at the University of Western Australia announce that Shoaib's action is perfectly legal? Or do you believe the idiotic opinions of 'respected' past players such as Bishan Singh Bedi?

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
danish said:
Are you illiterate or just stupid? How many times must the good people at the University of Western Australia announce that Shoaib's action is perfectly legal? Or do you believe the idiotic opinions of 'respected' past players such as Bishan Singh Bedi?
Maybe his action is legal...and I admit I am most excited to watch Shoaib Akhtar bowl more than any other bowler in the world...but I am sorry to say,it still looks like 'chucking' to me as well...maybe there were some other honest reasons why the university of Western Australia announced it was legal...

Dunno...but it sure is exciting to watch him bowl and he should stay

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Because of these trolls, sometime I wish India had lost the ODI series. At least that would have kept these idiots out of the forum for a while. Its okay once in a while but it becomes annoying when they start dominating the thread and every other post is a basically a *Troll*.

I dont know if anyone can do anything about it, but its damn annoying.

danish

U19 12th Man
Sanz said:
Because of these trolls, sometime I wish India had lost the ODI series. At least that would have kept these idiots out of the forum for a while. Its okay once in a while but it becomes annoying when they start dominating the thread and every other post is a basically a *Troll*.

I dont know if anyone can do anything about it, but its damn annoying.
Agreed, they should stick to bullying billy goats who try to cross a bridge.