• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS said:
What an amazing record Sehwag has against Pakistan. He is playing just his 7th match against them and has four centuries reading

248(batting)

In addition he has a 90 and an 81

and three other innings of 36, 38 and 39

An average of 123 plus is fantastic considering that he has never remained not out (current one aside).

1230 runs already and he started in March 2004. AND he manages some big ones in the next two games as well !! Horrifying prospect for Inzy.
Yeah he always demolishes Pakistan. I mean Younis Khan and Afridi have great records against India (Afridi in ODIs as well obviously) but Sehwag vs. Pakistan is on a different level. In the past 3 years he has flayed their attack almost every game, and whenever India play Pakistan I always feel that he is our best batsman, not Dravid or Sachin. He just loves feasting on their fast bowling.

Before this series, so in the past 2 series (6 test matches) he had an average of 98+. He's obviously boosting his average with this knock even further, and I can't see it dropping under 100 this series unless 2 absolutely grean seaming wickets are produced for the next 2 tests. And even then he'll probably still score.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Just a question, if you live in Melbourne how are you watching this match?
PAKMAN said:
its called web streaming i think
Yeah web streaming, but I don't think I'm allowed to say anymore in regards to where and I don't want to risk breaking any Cricket Web forum rules so I'll leave it at that.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Jono said:
Yeah web streaming, but I don't think I'm allowed to say anymore in regards to where and I don't want to risk breaking any Cricket Web forum rules so I'll leave it at that.
Meh it's okay I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway on this dial-up connection.

swede

School Boy/Girl Captain
luckyeddie said:
Some people's definition of having the game 'move forward' isn't the same as others.

Whjat do you want - Twenty20 test matches?
no not at all, quite the opposite

I want essentially timeless matches. No draws or declarations etc.

swede

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
Just because it wasn't 4-4.5 an over doesn't mean it wasn't good Cricket.
No it was mostly less than 3 an over and then accelerated wildly towards declarations. In other words batters are in control but deliberately go slow before they slog.
Thats limited overs cricket, something I hate.

Batsmen should always look to score runs, not because overs are limited or there is a declaration on way, but because they fear getting out and so look to score runs first.

Their is nothing "intelligent" or somehow superior with long slow cricket. Its just negative.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope this finally puts Afridi's 100 into context, comments like this "I've seen Ian Botham, Clive Lloyd and of course Adam Gilchrist, but Afridi's innings is up in the top group. No ground is big enough to keep him quiet. Our bowlers tried their best." from Greg Chappell are looking rather stupid, not that they looked brilliant after 2 guys had comprehensively outscored him and Pakistan's wicket-keeper had scored at virtually the same rate as Afridi to begin with.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Deja moo said:
He went wicketless in 3(?) tests, didn't he ? Even Agarkar managed a wicket here :p ..
But that's being unfair on Lillee - cn't compare a nobody with an all-time great.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why not scrap day 5 and replace it with a multi-event team day?

Extreme Ironing
Lawn Darts
Gurning
Charades

Any more?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh God, why does this farce even have Test match status? One gets the feeling that we could see this all series because the groundsmen seem happy to allow a million soon-to-be-meaningless records be broken than to risk making the game a contest. The fact we've not seen a single negative comment from the captains says a lot. It seems many would rather see 5-day snorefests than for either Pakistan or India to win (or lose). Pathetic.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
swede said:
no not at all, quite the opposite

I want essentially timeless matches. No draws or declarations etc.
It's been done - you end up with the most tedious cricket imaginable.

Deja moo

International Captain
Top_Cat said:
Oh God, why does this farce even have Test match status? One gets the feeling that we could see this all series because the groundsmen seem happy to allow a million soon-to-be-meaningless records be broken than to risk making the game a contest. The fact we've not seen a single negative comment from the captains says a lot. It seems many would rather see 5-day snorefests than for either Pakistan or India to win (or lose). Pathetic.
The Indian players aren't permitted to speak to the media anymore. You honestly think they enjoy this ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Top_Cat said:
Umm Inzy said the pitch was poor, Dravid isn't allowed to speak to the media. Both have admitted in interviews with commentators during the breaks of play that the pitch is far too heavily favoured to the batsman. Hell every batsman including Afridi has said that. Even the umpires have mentioned it.

Your blame is clearly aimed at the wrong people. And I think the term you meant to say was "The fact that 'I've' not 'we've'.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If this is what an India Pak series going to be like then I would rather watch India Zimbabwe or Zimbabwe Bangladesh. Pathetic approach from PCB.

Dissector

International Debutant
While I completely agree that this kind of pitch is bad for test cricket I would hesitate to call this game boring when there has been such entertaining batting on both sides. Boring was the kind of game you had twenty years ago when you had this kind of pitch and both teams would still only score at two and a half runs an over before grinding out an inevitable draw.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dissector said:
While I completely agree that this kind of pitch is bad for test cricket I would hesitate to call this game boring when there has been such entertaining batting on both sides. Boring was the kind of game you had twenty years ago when you had this kind of pitch and both teams would still only score at two and a half runs an over before grinding out an inevitable draw.
Comparatively very boring compared to the scintilating test cricket we had during the Ashes and very competitive SA vs. Aus series. Your overall point is correct though. At least the batsman have made use of this disgrace of a pitch and are belting the attacks around as they should, compared to plodding for the 5 days. Still gotta feel the for the bowlers, and compared to the 2004 and 2005 series, this test match just doesn't cut the mustard.

Hopefully the next 2 are more exciting.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
. The fact we've not seen a single negative comment from the captains says a lot.
"Pakistan probably didn't want to prepare seaming tracks and thought that their bowlers will get us out on flat, hard wickets. But we fought back well and are ready to play on any sort of track. It's not a good wicket for a Test match and if we have to play a drawn series, there is no use coming here. I don't think it will produce a result and tomorrow will be more like batting practice." - Sehwag

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvind/content/story/233296.html