• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luckyeddie said:
Not talking about that at all - I'm talking about the world test record opening partnership.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1950S/1955-56/NZ_IN_IND/NZ_IND_T5_06-11JAN1956.html
Yeah I'd rather that not broken, but if it happens I'm not too fussed because Dravid and Sehwag aren't exactly slouches with the bat, or 'flat track bullies' (which seems to be a cool term around CW). That being said, Dravid isn't an opener which takes away from it, unless he becomes an opener now. :confused1
howardj said:
Fair enough. By the same token though, I don't think a partnership against the mite of Hayes, MacGibbon and Cave was necessarily touched by greatness. :p
That's also true. NZ were far from a strong side. I just think it was a very important time for Indian cricket, and something special. This isn't. Facing a better attack though I guess. Either way, doesn't really matter.

I don't think Sehwag and Dravid will reach Jayasuriya and Mahanama's test partnership record of 576 though. Well then again...

The most entertaining moments I've had when watching this cricket match have been:
1) Afridi's post-innings interview, not his innings. It was hilarious.
2) The mini-battles and staredowns between Shoaib and Dravid
3) Imran, Nasser and Holding talking a lot of sense. :)

No surprise, all not really part of the cricket in the traditional sense of bowler bowling to batsman.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deja moo said:
You've never set your sight on this one ?
That is hands down, the worst test match I've ever seen. Much worse than this, and that's saying something because this is a ridiculous runfest. Even though that had more wickets, it was still even more boring.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
howardj said:
In general I'd agree with that, but I think his decision is more to do with the state of the game - it's an almost certain draw. Therefore, why tire your bowlers (physically) with two vital matches coming up? I think that's more his thinking, not just a case of trying to protect his main bowlers from a mauling on a flat pitch.
yeah, I was speaking generally. But even given the state of the match, I still think his main bowlers should have bowled at least a few more overs by now, esp. Kaneria, since he is a spinner. The more he bowls at SEhwag and Dravid, the more he will learn on how to bowl at them. You can watch as many videos as you want, but I don't think it will be as valuable as bowling the player himself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
The most entertaining moments I've had when watching this cricket match have been:
Cricket wise for me it would have to be seeing Kaneria bowl. Not much attraction to any thing else.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Deja moo said:
He went wicketless in 3(?) tests, didn't he ? Even Agarkar managed a wicket here :p ..
Yes, but Lillee is obviously not in the Great One's league. Remember AA teaching Lillee how to bowl? :p ;) :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
,how mnay overs were bowled today
Forty Seven.

Three short of what would constitute an ODI innings and India scored 258 for none at 5.5 an over. Amazing considering there has been just one six in the innings so far.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah all over for today.

Man can't believe only one six was hit all innings. They were well past 300 when Sehwag hit it as well.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Jono said:
1) Afridi's post-innings interview, not his innings. It was hilarious.
2) The mini-battles and staredowns between Shoaib and Dravid
3) Imran, Nasser and Holding talking a lot of sense. :).
Just a question, if you live in Melbourne how are you watching this match?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What an amazing record Sehwag has against Pakistan. He is playing just his 7th match against them and has four centuries reading

248(batting)

In addition he has a 90 and an 81

and three other innings of 36, 38 and 39

An average of 123 plus is fantastic considering that he has never remained not out (current one aside).

1230 runs already and he started in March 2004. AND he manages some big ones in the next two games as well !! Horrifying prospect for Inzy.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Comma said:
Sufi, have you been watching the match ?

What a farce. How has Shoaib's bowling been?
I have watched bits and bats of it and must admit it has been like watching paint dry so far. I guess it is good if you like watching batting, still enjoyed watching Afridi & Sehwag.

Shoaib has been the best of pak pacers but it is heartbreaking watching a fast bolwer run in...and nothing.. it just trundles to the batsmen who could actually play a false stroke, change it half way through and still hit it for 4.