• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Tendulkar will never forgive Dravid for not letting him get 200, I was at school when the declaration happened, did tendulkar say or do anything?
`

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Raj123 said:
Rahul Dravid. And on this instance i think captain took the wrong decision.
Ganguly and Dravid took the decision together as could be seen when they were consulting before the declaration..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont understand this Indian obsession with Records and Sachin Tendulkar. I think Indian fans are more upset than Tendulkar himself. Tendulkar is not bigger than Cricket. I think that was the right time to declare and Dravid did the right thing.

Dravid isn't the first person to do so, I remember Mark Taylor declaring the innings when he was at 334 and has a chance to break Sir Don Bradman's record.

marc71178 said:
If he were Indian he'd waltz in the Indian side as a bowler, and he also averages nearly 50 in FC with the bat.

That is a hell of a lot better an all-rounder than Pathan, whether he's played Tests or not.

Thats all assumptions, besides he's not as good as a bowler as is Irfan, nor has he cemented his place even in OD side:rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Thats all assumptions, besides he's not as good as a bowler as is Irfan,
Yeah right, and Rikki Clarke should be opening the batting and bowling for England...

jamesryfler said:
Although a draw seems most likely...
you never know with Pakistan.

They could come out there and smash the Indian bowlers over the park and then roll them out for 100 odd with high speed and swing in the 2nd dig.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: With Shabbir and Sami being the bowlers , 100 runs might just come in extras.

And then we have world class Pak fielders:P
Equally, Kumble and company could run thru them.
More likely.Unfortunately the wicket has been prepared to enable Pak batsmen to get some run and achieve a draw, hopefully Kumble and Irfan will finish off Pak batsmen early.

Funny thing i have notice about Pak team, when they are down they just give up easily and players are seen just going through the motions (this especially have been a cse with some Pak home series, like the ones against Eng and Aus).

Pak bowling might not be good, but had their fielders taken the chances offered to them, Pak would have been in a much better situation.Imagine Sehwag departing early had the catch that was offered in the early innings taken by Sami?

With such fielding no side can achieve a good result, even if bowlers happen to be Warne and McGrath.

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
i'm lookin at the positive aspect of the declaration (for tendulkar) .......if he gets to a big score (in the 2nd innings) and ganguly & dravid oblige (to declare) yet again....then maybe he'll end up getting the highest test average ever in tests....
who would be coming in after yuvi...the next player was patel, and then the bowlers. prolly, dravid wanted them to be feeling fresh!!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> I thought that it was quite exceptional captaincy.

Really, DD?

<quack> Oh yes, of the highest order. In the absence of Ganguly, what better way was there for Rahul McDravid to impose his authority than to declare with SRT on 196*?

Yes, but it's a little cruel, don't you think?

<quack> Not at all. In essence, he's saying "Yes Sachin. I AM captain now. By the powers invested in me by His Royal Left-handedness, I declare that you shall not get another double. More's the pity that Sehwag hit that six. If he'd have hit a four, I should have declared with him on 299* ha ha ha ha ha ha evil cackle my master plan for world domination is taking shape"

Quite, quite mad

<quack> Or something.

indianreligion said:
i'm lookin at the positive aspect of the declaration (for tendulkar) .......if he gets to a big score (in the 2nd innings) and ganguly & dravid oblige (to declare) yet again....then maybe he'll end up getting the highest test average ever in tests....
who would be coming in after yuvi...the next player was patel, and then the bowlers. prolly, dravid wanted them to be feeling fresh!!!
What makes you think that there would be a second innings? The chances are that Pak would be forced a follow on, though if that doesn't happen then it will end in a dull draw.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Tomorrow's day is the crucial test for Pakistan's batting. I think it will all be decided by tomorrow lunch whether Pakistan will follow on or not. If Pakistan lose both openers + 1 batter by lunch tomorrow It is very likely in my opinion that Pakistan will be forced to follow on by end of the day or by end of 1st session the day after.

However I just do not see Indian bowlers bowling Pak out twice in 3 days ;). (Now here is a sentence that could come back and haunt me but what the hell :) )

regards

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
aajarajabandbajaja, (or watever)
if i hav to bring sumthin positive for sachin outta this....i'll hav to think a lot....and btw, india is FAMOUS for dull draws...infact, most test sides are!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've a feeling that Anil Kumble is going to have a huge say in things - he was troubling the batsmen quite a bit this evening - and his googly wasn't being picked either.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Though sachin will be a little disappointed, im sure he understands that the team comes first. He is a pro for gods sake and already has so many records that are going to take years to break if ever. Another double century is not a big thing...he's been there done that.

If the captain feels it is the right time to declare as dravid did then he should declare...no matter what score an individual is on. Even in the sydney test, dravid was batting on 91* and ganguly declared when he got hit.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One over and Tendulkar would have made the runs.. there was no question of 'team coming forst or second here'