• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

NikhilN

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
I cannot see this being anything other than a premeditated decision (i.e. when the next wicket goes down we declare). Maybe he could have given him another over, but what if Sachin was unable to get the strike?
But he had chances of getting out and finaly getting a test batting avg for 2004...

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Aussie beater - As a fan I dont care about Sachin Tendulkar's or for that matter any player's personal milestone. Btw what was the milestone again ??
The milestone was a double ton. They don't come by the dozens even for someone like Sachin. Out of the current set of players in international cricket, I believe the highest number of double tons(6) belongs to Brian Lara and that's an achievement. I am not saying that its the end of the world for any player, and even of less importance for someone like Sachin, but I am sure he still feels good scoring a 100, and a 200 would be quite special.

And yes, I don't consider a players personal milestone to be higher then the team cause, but as long as they come in the normal course of play, its something we cherish and with cricket being a statistical game to a large extent we love to quote the number of 100s, 200s and averages of our favourite players when it comes to that.

As for the team cause being an 'excuse' are you accusing Dravid having some grudge against Tendulkar ?
Hell no ! I am not accusing Dravid of anything more then stupidity.

NikhilN

International Regular
aussie_beater said:
The milestone was a double ton. They don't come by the dozens even for someone like Sachin. Out of the current set of players in international cricket, I believe the highest number of double tons(6) belongs to Brian Lara and that's an achievement. I am not saying that its the end of the world for any player, and even of less importance for someone like Sachin, but I am sure he still feels good scoring a 100, and a 200 would be quite special.

And yes, I don't consider a players personal milestone to be higher then the team cause, but as long as they come in the normal course of play, its something we cherish and with cricket being a statistical game to a large extent we love to quote the number of 100s, 200s and averages of our favourite players when it comes to that.

Hell no ! I am not accusing Dravid of anything more then stupidity.
I heard that Ganguly told dravid to dec at that point.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Proud Indian said:
I heard that Ganguly told dravid to dec at that point.
That doesn't matter..Dravid is responsible for all decisions as he is the captain for this match and he can't pass the buck.

NikhilN

International Regular
Ok but you cant let time go pass...you dont have forever...1 or 2 overs can change the results of the game in the end

The way i see, there are only two possibilities in this match,

1 The match ends in a tame draw (something which Pak wated from the beginning)

2 Anil Kumble annihilate Pak team.

The chances of latter seems bright as with time the wicket will take turn.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Three Indian seamers are not the answer. I hope Sehwag plays as a regular bowler in this match, since I don't expet any of the seamers to get too many wickets. If the pitches are going to be as flat and slow as this one, Pakistan can afford this luxury, since their bowlers have the pace, but the Indians can't, since theirs don't. I hope Powar plays in the rest of the series, or even 3 spinners play, as in the good old days.

PY

International Coach
This pitch seems to be flatter than the M1.

After early setbacks, Pakistan are now 186/2 with Yasir (62*) and Inzamam (52*) sharing an unbeaten 113 partnership at the moment.

Why do people want such boring pitches? Need about 10 days to get a result out of this pitch. :(

PY

International Coach
59.2 Kumble to Inzamam-ul-Haq, one run, tossed up outside the leg stump, Inzi moives away, gets inside the line and plays it down to the mid off region, easy call and a quick single taken.

Never thought I would see the day. :O :saint:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
59.2 Kumble to Inzamam-ul-Haq, one run, tossed up outside the leg stump, Inzi moives away, gets inside the line and plays it down to the mid off region, easy call and a quick single taken.

Never thought I would see the day. :O :saint:
There was a hot dog stand at the non-striker's end

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Inzy gone, done bat and pad by Kumble.

First impressions were that he had hit it, second impressions that he didn't.

Now I'm not so sure - yes, it was one of those.

PY

International Coach
After what I said previously, I feel bit silly. :duh:

Two wickets gone in space of 20 mins and now Pakistan's batting line-up is looking mighty short.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet another clip of Parthiv Patel dropping the ball. Can't he hold on to it a little longer? Not only would runs be saved, but a few catches could also be taken. He has a few flaws and he should correct them real quick, if he has a more or less permanent place in this team.

Craig

World Traveller
I have no idea why captains have against the third man fielder, I will never know.

With the new ball (ie first over off the innings), fine have your men in the slips, but once the balls gets older or if lots of runs keep going through in there, like in India's 1st innings, then a 3rd man would be important.

I lost count how many 4's went down there with no 3rd man, they would have got 1, not an extra three.

IMO its an under used fielding position.

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
I have no idea why captains have against the third man fielder, I will never know.

With the new ball (ie first over off the innings), fine have your men in the slips, but once the balls gets older or if lots of runs keep going through in there, like in India's 1st innings, then a 3rd man would be important.

I lost count how many 4's went down there with no 3rd man, they would have got 1, not an extra three.

IMO its an under used fielding position.
It's Test match cricket Craig - captains have to take 20 wickets to win a match, and in all honesty third man is a highly unlikely position to get one.

Fly slip, however, is more than useful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree master, if they can break up this Moin/Razzaq partnership they will have a good chance.

Regarding Dravid's declaration, I was watching the highlights and Sanjay Manjrekar was REALLY happy with Dravid's decision. He said its good for Indian cricket as milestones are not above the team effort, it was apparently a big "moment" for him as he described it so maybe its a good thing for Indian cricket?

Either way I still feel for Sachin, 2 double tons in 2 test matches would of been something awesome.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
105.6 Tendulkar to Moin Khan, OUT: oh boy! bowled'm! pitched in line with the off stump and turning in, the wrong one, Moin gets into an awkward position and tries to defend, ball clips the pad and crashes into the stumps, Tendulkar gets a wicket with the last ball of the day!

WOW! Last ball of the day and Sachin gets Moin out. Advantage India most definitely.